- 4 cans Pinto Beans 15oz.
- 1 packet Ham Concentrate
- 1 package of cubed ham or leftover chopped ham
- Take all the ingredients and combine in your slow cooker.
- Give it all a good stir and cover.
- Set on low for about 6-8 hours.
- Everything in here is already precooked.
- You're really just giving the flavors a chance to meld and for the beans to take on that yummy ham flavor.
Ham concentrate can usually be found in the ethnic aisle of your grocery store. Usually near the Latin foods. Also, you may be able to find a product called Ham Base. It is usually located down the soup aisle, near the chicken and beef broth. You can also use that for ham flavoring (about a teaspoon). For additional flavor, try adding some chopped onions.