This Italian Sloppy Joes recipe is an easy weeknight meal! Ground sausage, peppers, onion and spaghetti sauce on a soft brioche bun!
EASY ITALIAN SLOPPY JOES RECIPE
This is a fun twist on your usual sloppy Joe recipe. Instead of having that more typical barbecue-like flavor, these have an Italian-inspired twist. If you enjoy sausage and peppers then you will love this version of Sloppy Joes!
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS SANDWICH
- You can go with a sweet Italian ground sausage or spicy. It all depends on your family's preference.
- My favorite spaghetti sauce is Rao's Tomato and Basil sauce but please use your family's favorite spaghetti sauce or marinara sauce.
- We prefer the soft brioche buns for this. Sometimes you can find them in the bakery section of your grocery store. Regular hamburger buns can be used.
- Want to make it extra decadent? Try adding a slice of mozzarella cheese to your sandwiches!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- ground Italian sausage
- red bell pepper
- green bell pepper
- spaghetti sauce
- brioche buns
HOW TO MAKE ITALIAN SLOPPY JOES:
In a large skillet over medium heat begin to sauté peppers and onions for 2-3 minutes. Add italian sausage to the pan. Brown and crumble the sausage until cooked through. Drain any excess grease and put back into pan. Stir in spaghetti sauce. Let mixture simmer over medium heat until the sauce is thickened.
Spoon onto brioche rolls and serve!
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
EASY ITALIAN SLOPPY JOES
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 ½ cups spaghetti sauce
- 4 brioche buns
- In a large skillet over medium heat begin to sauté peppers and onions for 2-3 minutes.
- Add italian sausage to the pan. Brown and crumble the sausage until cooked through. Drain any excess grease and put back into pan.
- Spoon onto brioche rolls and serve!