These easy Cheesy BBQ Sloppy Joes are the most deliciously easy BBQ flavor sloppy joes on top of garlic Texas toast, topped with melted cheese!
OPEN-FACED BBQ SLOPPY JOES
TIPS FOR MAKING THESE BBQ SLOPPY JOES ON GARLIC TEXAS TOAST:
- Don't like tomatoes? You can leave those out.
- Want more BBQ flavor? Then cut the amount of ketchup in half and add in more BBQ sauce.
- You can also add in onions and green peppers.
- Or kick up the heat and try adding some chopped jalapeños. It really is a fun recipe to play with but one that is definitely family friendly. And that garlic Texas Toast on the bottom just adds a kick of flavor to the whole party.
- Be sure to check out my MINI CHICKEN PARMESAN PIZZAS recipe. That one uses garlic Texas toast as a base too and is SO good!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
can diced tomatoes
bottled barbecue sauce
garlic Texas toast
shredded cheddar cheese
HOW TO MAKE GARLIC BREAD SLOPPY JOES:
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
EASY GARLIC BREAD CHEESY BBQ SLOPPY JOES
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 box (8 slices) frozen garlic Texas toast
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or more
- Brown and crumble ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Drain excess grease.
- Return meat to skillet and add in diced tomatoes, ketchup, barbecue sauce,
- worcestershire sauce and sugar.
- Give it all a good stir until combined then cover and cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes. While this is cooking, prepare your garlic Texas toast according to package directions.
- When bread is ready, spoon filling on top of bread and then sprinkle with shredded cheese.
Originally published: March 2013
Updated & Republished: March 2020