Cheesy BBQ Sloppy Joes
1 pound ground beef
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup bottled barbecue sauce
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp. sugar
1 box (8 slices) frozen garlic Texas toast
1 cup (or more) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 box (8 slices) frozen garlic Texas toast
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or more
- Brown and crumble ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Drain excess grease.
- Return meat to skillet and add in diced tomatoes, ketchup, barbecue sauce,
- worcestershire sauce and sugar.
- Give it all a good stir until combined then cover and cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes. While this is cooking, prepare your garlic Texas toast according to package directions.
- When bread is ready, spoon filling on top of bread and then sprinkle with shredded cheese.
The added sugar is optional in this. I think it helps balance out the acidity of the tomatoes. But if you are using a very sweet barbecue sauce then you may not feel the added sugar is necessary. Just go by taste here.