These easy Cheesy BBQ Sloppy Joes are the most deliciously easy BBQ flavor sloppy joes on top of garlic Texas toast, topped with melted cheese!
OPEN-FACED BBQ SLOPPY JOES
VIDEO INCLUDED BELOW:
TIPS FOR MAKING THESE BBQ SLOPPY JOES ON GARLIC TEXAS TOAST:
- Don't like tomatoes? You can leave those out.
- Want more BBQ flavor? Then cut the amount of ketchup in half and add in more BBQ sauce.
- You can also add in onions and green peppers.
- Or kick up the heat and try adding some chopped jalapeños. It really is a fun recipe to play with but one that is definitely family friendly. And that garlic Texas Toast on the bottom just adds a kick of flavor to the whole party.
- Be sure to check out my MINI CHICKEN PARMESAN PIZZAS recipe. That one uses garlic Texas toast as a base too and is SO good!
can diced tomatoes
bottled barbecue sauce
garlic Texas toast
shredded cheddar cheese
HOW TO MAKE THESE SUPER EASY CHEESY BBQ SLOPPY JOES ON GARLIC TOAST:
Originally published: March 2013
Updated & Republished: March 2020
EASY GARLIC BREAD CHEESY BBQ SLOPPY JOES
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 box (8 slices) frozen garlic Texas toast
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or more
- Brown and crumble ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Drain excess grease.
- Return meat to skillet and add in diced tomatoes, ketchup, barbecue sauce,
- worcestershire sauce and sugar.
- Give it all a good stir until combined then cover and cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes. While this is cooking, prepare your garlic Texas toast according to package directions.
- When bread is ready, spoon filling on top of bread and then sprinkle with shredded cheese.