Do you have a special birthday dinner that you request every year? Did your Mom or does your family ask you what you want for dinner on your special day? When I was growing up, Mom always made us whatever we requested for our birthdays. Cake, of course, was always included (I wanted some Duncan Hines lemon cake with some lemon frosting…Mmmmm) and then we had a birthday dinner.
Jarred sauce is alright by me
Cake mixes too
Crock Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs for the win
And because I am all about you busy Mommas and Dads out there, I wanted to share with you how I love to make this recipe for Crock Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs. Because it only uses ONE POT! Mmm Hmm, that’s right. One pot and 4 ingredients. I’m serious! Less dishes, less mess – count me in!
Crock Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs (All-In-One)Print Pin Rate
- 1 24 oz jar spaghetti sauce
- 4 cups water vegetable or beef broth
- 1 16 oz (1 lb) box spaghetti
- 1 26 oz bag frozen meatballs (24 count)
- olive oil
- Optional sauce ingredients:
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp dried basil or 2-3 leaves, fresh basil, torn
- In a 6 quart slow cooker, pour in jarred spaghetti sauce.
- Then add 4 cups of water. I just use the spaghetti jar and fill it up about one and half times to get 4 cups. Instead of water, try using vegetable broth or beef broth for a kick of flavor.
- Add in minced garlic, Italian seasoning, and basil.
- Break the spaghetti noodles in half and put in a large ziploc bag. Coat the spaghetti noodles with a drizzle of olive oil. Close the bag and gently move the noodles around until they are all coated. Then remove noodles from bag and put noodles on top of sauce mixture and gently push them down so they are slightly in the sauce. Then top with frozen meatballs. No need to stir these in. Just put them right on top.
- Cover and cook on low for about 2-5 hours (until noodles are soft and meatballs are heated through). Then give it all a gentle stir to combine and serve!