Crock Pot Sloppy Joe Casserole is an easy casserole to make! Layers of cheesy hash browns, ground beef and sloppy joe filling make it a meal!
CROCK POT SLOPPY JOE CASSEROLE
I was so thrilled with how this came out. It's a very simple recipe but it is a fun and new way to eat your meat and potatoes. It ain't the prettiest meal you ever saw but it sure does taste good!
With this recipe, we are definitely thinking outside of the bun. Feel free to add in any other veggies or seasoning that you enjoy. Green peppers or red peppers would be great in this!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
1 (32 oz.) package frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
1 can (10.75 oz.) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp pepper
1 lb. ground beef
½ small onion, finely chopped
1 (15.5 oz.) can sloppy joe sauce
shredded cheddar cheese, for topping (optional)
Note: you can substitute the shredded hash browns for southern style hash browns, which are the smaller cubed potatoes or you can use the Potatoes O'Brien that have peppers and onion mixed in with the cubed potatoes.
HOW TO MAKE THIS SLOPPY JOE CASSEROLE:
Spray your 5-qt crock pot (slow cooker) with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine shredded potatoes with the soup, egg, salt & pepper.
Stir well then spread it in the bottom of the crock pot.
Spoon sloppy joe mixture over hash brown mixture in crock pot.
Cover and cook on low for about 4 to 4 ½ hours.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
CROCK POT HOMEMADE SLOPPY JOES
CROCK POT TACO PASTA
CROCK POT CHICKEN TATER TOT CASSEROLE
THE BEST CHILI MACARONI
MY FAVORITE CROCK POT LASAGNA
EASY ITALIAN-STYLE SLOPPY JOES
Crock Pot Sloppy Joe Casserole
- 1 32 oz package frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 10.75 oz can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ small onion, finely chopped
- 1 15.5 oz can sloppy joe sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, for topping
- Spray your 5-qt crock pot (slow cooker) with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine shredded potatoes with the soup, egg, salt & pepper.
- Stir well then spread it in the bottom of the crock pot.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, brown and crumble ground beef along with chopped onion.
- Drain excess grease.
- Stir in sloppy joe sauce.
- Spoon sloppy joe mixture over hash brown mixture in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for about 4 to 4 ½ hours.
- About 10 minutes before the casserole is done cooking, sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese on top. Cover and alllow cheese to melt before serving.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home