BBQ Beef Biscuit Cups only have 5 ingredients: biscuits, beef, bbq sauce, cheese and seasoning. So easy and they only take 30 minutes to make!
A DELICIOUSLY EASY 30 MINUTE MEAL
I’ve got a really fun and easy recipe for ya today. I just love recipes like these BBQ Beef Biscuit Cups because they are easy to play around with but are perfect for busy evenings. It’s a kid-friendly meal too! Plus, this recipe can definitely be tailored to your family’s tastebuds.
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS EASY DINNER RECIPE:
- If you don’t have (or want) to use ground beef in this, you can use ground turkey or ground chicken.
- Shredded chicken would also be wonderful.
- Or, if you don’t like the idea of BBQ sauce, why not make these into Sloppy Joe or Taco Cups. Instead of BBQ Sauce, try using a can of sloppy joe or a packet of taco seasoning (just follow directions on the back of the packet.)
- Make sure you are purchasing the regular-sized biscuits. There should be 10 biscuits per tube. Don’t use the larger Grands biscuits with these unless you are planning on cutting them in half before using.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- ground beef – you can use ground turkey, ground sausage, ground pork or ground chicken
- barbecue sauce – my favorite is Sweet Baby Rays but you use your favorite or you can go all out and make a Homemade BBQ Sauce!
- dried minced onion – this is optional but I love the little kick of flavor it adds.
- refrigerated biscuits – I think the Grands Jr work great here but you can use flaky layers or a store brand. Just make sure they aren’t the larger Grands biscuits – those are too big.
- shredded cheddar cheese – you can use store-bought or shred your own or use a different cheese altogether. I think pepper jack is nice if you want a kick of heat.
HOW TO MAKE BBQ BEEF BISCUIT CUPS:
Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Spray muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. In a large pan, brown and crumble ground beef. Turn off heat. Drain excess grease. Put beef back in pan and add in BBQ sauce and dried minced onion. Stir well.
Separate biscuits and place into greased muffin tins. Press dough up and along sides of muffin tins.
Divide meat mixture between muffins (you may have just a small amount leftover.)
Sprinkle each one with shredded cheddar cheese.
Bake for 10-12 minutes until biscuits are golden brown and cheese is melted. Serve with a fresh garden salad or fries.
WANT MORE RECIPES LIKE THIS?
Originally published: April 2012
Updated & republished: April 2020
BBQ Beef Biscuit Cups (+Video)
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Spray muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large pan, brown and crumble ground beef. Turn off heat and drain excess grease from ground beef.
- Put ground beef back in pan and add in BBQ sauce and dried minced onion. Stir well.
- Separate biscuits and place into greased muffin tins. Press dough up and along the sides.
- Divide meat mixture between muffins (you may have just a small amount leftover).
- Sprinkle each one with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until biscuits are golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Make sure you are getting the regular-sized biscuits. There should be 10 biscuits per can. Don’t use the larger “Grands” biscuits (unless you plan to cut them in half before you use them).
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and other nutritional values can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.