BBQ Beef Biscuit Cups
I’ve got a really fun and easy recipe for ya today. I just love recipes like these BBQ Beef Biscuit Cups because they are easy to play around with but are perfect for busy evenings. This recipe can definitely be tailored to your family’s tastebuds. If you don’t have or want to use ground beef in this, you can use ground turkey or ground chicken. Shredded chicken would also be wonderful. Or, if you don’t like the idea of BBQ sauce, why not make these into Sloppy Joe or Taco Cups. Instead of BBQ Sauce, try using a can of sloppy joe or a packet of taco seasoning (just follow directions on the back of the packet). Lots of options here. But it sure is tasty and filling!
1 pound ground beef
3/4 cup barbecue sauce
1 tbsp. dry minced onion
1 (12 oz.) tube refrigerated biscuits
Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Spray muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. In a large pan, brown and crumble ground beef. Turn off heat. Drain excess grease. Put beef back in pan and add in BBQ sauce and dried minced onion.
Separate biscuits and place into greased muffin tins. Press dough up and along sides of muffin tins.
Divide meat mixture between muffins (you may have just a small amount leftover).
Sprinkle each one with shredded cheddar cheese.
Bake for 10-12 minutes until biscuits are golden brown and cheese is melted.
Serve with a fresh garden salad or fries.
Cook’s Notes: Make sure you are purchasing the regular-sized biscuits. There should be 10 biscuits per tube. Don’t use the larger Grands biscuits with these unless you are planning on cutting them in half before using.
BBQ Beef Biscuit CupsPrint Pin Rate
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tbsp dry minced onion
- 1 12 oz tube refrigerated biscuits
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Spray muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large pan, brown and crumble ground beef.
- Turn off heat and drain excess grease from ground beef.
- Put ground beef back in pan and add in BBQ sauce and dried minced onion.
- Stir well.
- Separate biscuits and place into greased muffin tins.
- Press dough up and along the sides.
- Divide meat mixture between muffins (you may have just a small amount leftover).
- Sprinkle each one with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until biscuits are golden brown and cheese is melted.
Make sure you are getting the regular-sized biscuits. There should be 10 biscuits per tub. Don’t use the larger “Grands” biscuits (unless you plan to cut them in half before you use them).
Calories: 323kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 641mg | Potassium: 267mg | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 3.2% | Vitamin C: 0.6% | Calcium: 11.5% | Iron: 12.3%