These Chicken Pot Pie Biscuit Cups have only 5 ingredients: biscuits, chicken, veggies, cheese and cream of chicken! Dinner done in 30 minutes.
CHICKEN POT PIE BISCUIT CUPS
I'm sharing another recipe today from the latest Gooseberry Patch cookbook, Rush Hour Recipes. I wanted to make sure I shared a couple of recipes from different parts of the book. If you missed the BROWNIE CAKE RECIPE, be sure to check that one out. This recipe for Chicken Pot Pie Biscuit Cups is another favorite!
TIPS FOR MAKING CHICKEN BISCUIT CUPS:
- The frozen peas and carrots are not in the original recipe. I added them in because we enjoy veggies in our pot pies but they are optional in this.
- Try different kinds of cheese and play with the combination of flavors!
- Think about adding different seasonings like garlic or onion powder or even some RANCH SEASONING!
- Serve with a small salad and/or additional veggies.
- I used the regular-sized biscuits (not the jumbo ones) for this recipe.
- Feel free to use a rotisserie chicken for this recipe or canned chicken. Or just boil and dice two chicken breasts.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- refrigerated biscuits
- cooked chicken, diced
- cream of chicken soup
- shredded cheddar cheese
- frozen peas and carrots
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN POT PIE BISCUIT CUPS:
Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray 10 muffin cups with nonstick vegetable spray. Place a biscuit in each muffin cup.
Gently press down on each biscuit and push it ¼ of the way up the sides.
In a bowl, combine remaining ingredients; stir until well blended.
Spoon chicken mixture into biscuit cups, filling about ¾ full.
Bake for about 15 minutes (until bubbly and biscuits are golden).
Makes 4 to 5 servings (2 pot pies each.)
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
CHICKEN POT PIE BISCUIT CUPS
- 1 (7.5 oz) tube refrigerated biscuits
- 1 cup cooked chicken diced
- 1 (10.75 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- ⅔ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ cup frozen peas and carrots optional
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray 10 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place a biscuit in each muffin cup; press down and ¼ of the way up the sides.
- In a bowl, combine remaining ingredients; stir until well blended.
- Spoon chicken mixture into biscuit cups, filling about ¾ full.
- Bake for about 15 minutes (until bubbly and biscuits are golden.) Then serve!
- Try using different types of cheeses to give a little variation to this recipe.
- Serve with a small salad and you have a nice, easy meal that everyone will appreciate.
- Also, if you have a large family, you may want to double this recipe.
- Rotisserie chicken is a great option for this recipe!
Originally published: December 2011
Updated & republished: February 2020
NOTE: There was a giveaway when this post was originally published. That giveaway has now ended.