I’m sharing another recipe today from the latest Gooseberry Patch cookbook, Rush Hour Recipes. I wanted to make sure I shared a couple of recipes from different parts of the book. If you missed the Better than Brownie recipe, be sure to check that one out.Suppertime is probably one of the most challenging meals of the day for most folks. After getting the kids off to school in the morning, a long day at work, running errands and running the kids around to all their activities, the last thing you usually take the time to think about is what’s for supper until everyone starts complaining that they are hungry.
So when I saw the chapter on 5-ingredient Favorites, I knew I had to share one of these recipes with y’all.
- 1 7.5 oz tube refrigerated biscuits
- 1 cup cooked chicken diced
- 1 10.75 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 2/3 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup frozen peas and carrots optional
If you haven’t cooked your chicken yet, you can boil two small chicken breasts (or one large), then dice it up into small chunks. Or use a store-bought rotisserie chicken.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray 10 muffin cups with nonstick vegetable spray.
- Place a biscuit in each muffin cup; press down and 1/4 of the way up the sides.
- In a bowl, combine remaining ingredients; stir until well blended.
- Spoon chicken mixture into biscuit cups, filling about 3/4 full.
- Bake for about 15 minutes (until bubbly and biscuits are golden).
Try using different types of cheeses to give a little variation to this recipe. Serve with a small salad and you have a nice, easy meal that everyone will appreciate. Also, if you have a large family, you may want to double this recipe.