This Crock Pot Rotisserie Chicken has a ton of flavor from cooking low and slow. Stuffed with garlic and lemon and seasoned perfectly!
CROCK POT WHOLE ROTISSERIE CHICKEN
This is one of our family favorite meals. The meat comes out so tender and super flavorful. You can make this as a meal or just cook it to use the meat in other recipes. I love to use it in my ROASTED CHICKEN SALAD recipe!
- When slow cooking whole chickens, the skin will stay soft. We usually just remove the skin and serve it up that way with a little bit of gravy.
- But if you'd like to crisp up the skin, as I did here, you can easily do that. After your chicken is finished cooking, remove most of the juices (don't toss that, it makes for delicious stock!), flip the chicken over so the breast side is up. Be careful, this chicken is SO tender! Turn the broiler to low in your oven. If you have an oven-safe slow cooker insert, you can just put the whole thing under the broiler for about 4-6 minutes (or until golden and crispy.) Keep an eye on it. If you are unsure if your slow cooker insert is oven safe, just take the chicken out of the slow cooker and put it in an oven safe pan.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
whole roasting chicken
freshly ground black pepper
paprika (smoked paprika is even better)
HOW TO MAKE CROCK POT WHOLE ROTISSERIE CHICKEN:
CROCK POT ROTISSERIE CHICKEN
- 1 4-5 lb whole roasting chicken
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika smoked paprika is even better
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 lemon halved
- 1 in garlic bulb sliced in half
- 1 small onion quartered
- Combine spices in a small bowl.
- Rub spice mixture all over the chicken, including the back of the chicken, the sides and in the cavity.
- Stuff the chicken cavity with lemon halves, sliced garlic and onions.
- Place chicken, breast side down, in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 6-8 hours (or until juices run clear).
CROCK POT CHICKEN & DUMPLINGS
CROCK POT CHICKEN POT PIE
CROCK POT WHOLE BBQ CHICKEN
CROCK POT PEPPER STEAK