Crock Pot White Lasagna is the most easy and amazing recipe! No-cook noodles, chicken, alfredo sauce, garlic and mozzarella cheese!
A CREAMY CHICKEN ALFREDO LASAGNA
Sometimes my pictures just don’t do justice to how amazing a recipe truly is. And that is totally my fault – not the fault of the food! This is one of those dishes. It’s really difficult to photograph an all-white dish. But no matter, because once you try this dish, you will be in love. It really is that good!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
White lasagna is a type of lasagna that is made with white sauce, such as béchamel or Alfredo sauce, instead of tomato sauce and it usually has chicken in it instead of ground beef or sausage.
White lasagna can be served with a variety of sides, such as a salad, garlic bread, or perhaps some Italian green beans. If you are a wine drinker, try serving it with a white wine, such as a Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc.
You can use any pre-cooked chicken. Tyson makes cooked chicken pieces you can find in the refrigerated section. Or you could boil up some chicken or roast a couple of chicken breasts or thighs. You’ll need 2 1/2 cups of chopped chicken.
For this recipe, I only use the oven ready lasagna noodles. No boiling required! However, if only have the kind you have to boil, then you can certainly use those. Just don’t add the additional water that is in this recipe. Also, it will cook a little quicker so you’ll have to keep an eye on it.
Yes, white lasagna can be frozen after it has been cooked. Allow it to cool completely, put it in a freezer safe container then wrap it well in aluminum foil or plastic wrap and place it in an airtight container. It can be frozen for up to 3 months. To thaw, place the lasagna in the refrigerator for 24 hours or until it is fully thawed. Reheat it in the oven or microwave before serving.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- rotisserie chicken
- shredded Italian cheese blend
- ricotta cheese
- alfredo sauce
- Italian seasoning
- lasagna noodles
- mozzarella cheese
HOW TO MAKE CROCK POT WHITE LASAGNA:
In a bowl combine Italian cheese blend with ricotta cheese. Mixture will be thick.
Finally, in a third bowl, combine both jars of alfredo sauce with water, Italian seasoning and garlic. Whisk until combined.
Now, time to assemble the lasagna layers. Spread 1/4 of the alfredo sauce into the bottom of a 5-6 quart slow cooker.
Arrange 3-4 lasagna noodles on top of the alfredo sauce (break noodles to fit.) It’s okay if some of the noodles are slightly layered on top of each other.
Spread 1/3 of the chicken on top of lasagna noodles.
Then spread 1/3 of the cheese mixture on top of the chicken. I just take a spoon and dot it all around.
Repeat these three same steps two more times (alfredo sauce, noodles, chicken, cheese mixture.) Try to make sure the alfredo sauce covers to the edge of the noodles. This will help the noodles cook properly. Finally, top with shredded mozzarella cheese and dried parsley (optional)
Cover and cook on low for 2 1/2-3 hours (or until noodles are tender.)
Cook’s Notes: Slow cookers are not all the same so my advice is to check your lasagna after 2 1/2 hours then keep an eye on it after that point. Keep an eye on the edges so they don’t get too dark. This isn’t really a set-it and totally forget-it type crock pot meal.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES?
Crock Pot White Lasagna (+Video)
- 2 1/2 cups store-bought rotisserie chicken, diced
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- 15 ounce container ricotta cheese
- 2 (15 ounce) jars cheesy alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 9-12 lasagna noodles, (depending on your slow cooker size)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- dried parsley (optional)
- In a bowl combine Italian cheese blend with ricotta cheese. Mixture will be thick.
- In a separate bowl, combine both jars of alfredo sauce with water, Italian seasoning and garlic.
- Assemble the lasagna layers: Spread 1/4 of the alfredo sauce into the bottom the slow cooker. Arrange 3-4 lasagna noodles on top of the alfredo sauce (break noodles to fit.)
- Spread 1/3 of the chicken on top of lasagna noodles.
- Then spread 1/3 of the cheese mixture on top of the chicken.
- Then repeat these same steps two more times (alfredo sauce, noodles, chicken, cheese mixture.) Try to make sure the alfredo sauce covers to the edge of the noodles.
- Finally, top with shredded mozzarella cheese and dried parsley (optional.)
- Cover and cook on low for 2 1/2 – 3 hours (or until noodles are tender.) Slow cookers are not all the same so my advice is to check your lasagna after 2 1/2 hours then keep an eye on it after that point. Keep an eye on the edges so they don't get too dark.
- I think rotisserie chicken is the easiest to use in this recipe and it adds extra flavor. You can, however, use any leftover chicken you have or you can roast or boil some chicken breasts.
- This recipe works great in those rectangle casserole slow cookers.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
Originally published: August 2016
Updated & republished: January 2023