With only 5 ingredients, these tasty and healthy Blueberry Smoothies are a quick and easy breakfast or an anytime “pick-me-up” drink!
FRESH BLUEBERRY SMOOTHIES
Blueberries are one of my favorite summer fruits. I find ways to use them in all kinds of recipes. These Blueberry Smoothies are a quick and easy recipe that are great for breakfast, mid-day snack or pretty much anytime that you are craving a tasty and fruity drink. With healthier ingredients, you don’t have to feel bad drinking these. These smoothies will fill you up and are absolutely delicious! If you are a smoothie fan, then I highly recommend giving my Blueberry Smoothies recipe a try.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Yes! This recipe works both with fresh and frozen blueberries.
I use plain yogurt for this recipe but you can use a vanilla flavored yogurt. Vanilla or even blueberry yogurt would compliment this really well.
While the fruit itself provides a delicious natural sweetener you can add some sugar or honey to your liking. Try to use very ripe bananas since they will be very sweet and you’ll find that you won’t need any additional sweetener.
For this recipe I almost always use cow’s milk, but almond, soy and oat milk all work just as well.
Smoothies are best when freshly made but you can keep these stored in mason jars in the refrigerator for up to 1-2 days. Some separation might occur, this is normal and you can just stir your or shake the smoothie to reincorporate.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR BLUEBERRY SMOOTHIES: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- ripe bananas
- whole milk
- sugar/honey (optional)
- mint (optional)
HOW TO MAKE BLUEBERRY SMOOTHIES:
Add the banana, blueberries, yogurt, and milk in a high-speed blender.
Blend until creamy and smooth.
Pour into blueberry smoothies into glasses and top them with fresh mint sprigs and blueberries. Serve and Enjoy!
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
- THE BEST STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE
- COPYCAT ORANGE JULIUS
- CREAMY MANGO SMOOTHIES
- THE BEST CHERRY LIMEADE
- THE BEST PINEAPPLE SMOOTHIES
- 2 medium-sized ripe bananas sliced
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons sugar or honey optional
- fresh mint sprigs and blueberries, for garnishing optional
- Blend the banana, blueberries, yogurt, and milk in a high-speed blender until creamy and smooth.
- Pour into glasses and top them with fresh mint sprigs and blueberries.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Frozen blueberries can be used in place of fresh.
- We use plain yogurt but a vanilla flavored would taste good.
- This can be stored in mason jars in the refrigerator for up to 1-2 days.
- The honey or sugar is optional if you want some added sweetness to the smoothies. If you are using very ripe bananas (with lots of brown on the peel) then this shouldn’t be necessary.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and other nutritional values can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.