Made with simple ingredients, this creamy Strawberry Banana Smoothie is ready in minutes! Add in protein/collagen powder for a healthy boost!
CREAMY STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE
Smoothies are a fantastic way to start the day. They're simple to make but have lots of good energy ingredients to get you moving in the morning without feeling heavy or weighed down. It's also a great option for kids who are on the go but need a healthy energy boost! It's filling and it tastes amazing!
TIPS FOR MAKING THE PERFECT SMOOTHIE:
- I like to use slightly overripe bananas because it makes the smoothie a little sweeter.
- Fresh strawberries can be used but then you will have to add about 1 ½ cups of ice - I HIGHLY recommend sticking to frozen because this means the smoothie doesn’t get watered down.
- Any milk (almond, oat, cows milk) can be used.
- Try making this smoothie with blueberries.
- Protein powder, collagen powder, or any other supplement can be added to the smoothie, just note that if it’s flavored it can alter the flavor of the smoothie.
- 1 tablespoon of agave or pure maple syrup may be used instead of honey or sweetener can be completely omitted.
- ½ cup of oatmeal can be added to the mixture for texture and thickness.
- Cottage cheese may be used in place of yogurt for an extra pack of protein.
- Want a really thick smoothie? Add an extra banana.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- frozen strawberries
- almond, soy, oat or cow's milk
- plain Greek yogurt
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE:
Add all of the ingredients to a blender in the order they’re listed then blend until smooth, about 45 to 60 seconds.
CRAVING MORE? GIVE THESE RECIPES A TRY!
- COPYCAT ORANGE JULIUS DRINK
- THE BEST MANGO SMOOTHIES
- THE BEST PINEAPPLE SMOOTHIES
- FRESH BLUEBERRY SMOOTHIES
- AGUA DE MELON
- HOMEMADE PINK LEMONADE
- STRAWBERRY CREAM FLOATS
THE BEST STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE
- 2 ½ cups frozen strawberries
- 2 ripe bananas (no green bananas)
- 1 ¼ cup milk (cow, almond, soy, oat)
- 5 oz plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoon honey
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender in the order they’re listed above, then blend until smooth, about 45 to 60 seconds.
- Serve immediately.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.