When it comes to fast, fresh, healthy drinks, you cant go wrong with these Pineapple Smoothies. Just a handful of ingredients and you can whip up the most delicious tropical smoothie!
A DELICIOUS SUMMER TROPICAL DRINK
When it comes to warm weather, I’m always looking for a tasty drink to cool me down. I don’t want anything too heavy to drink but will fill me up! This pineapple smoothies recipe checks off all the boxes. It is fresh, cool and tasty! It is a delicious and fast drink recipe that you could and should make this summer! It’s also a perfect breakfast or brunch pick-me-up.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
If you aren’t super big on the potent fruit taste, you can increase the coconut milk and decrease the pineapple juice.
You can, you can use regular yogurt, vanilla yogurt or even some cottage cheese for some extra protein in the drink.
While the coconut milk gives this a more tropical flavor you can use regular cow’s milk, if you prefer.
You can but I like to freeze the pineapple before making this smoothie. Frozen fruit is key in having the consistency we want with this drink.
If you don’t want to use the agave you can substitute it for honey or even maple syrup or skip it altogether.
Absolutely not. I like to add some in there for some extra protein and make it a little healthier and filling but omitting it will not change the recipe flavor at all.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR PINEAPPLE SMOOTHIES: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- frozen banana
- frozen pineapple
- pineapple juice
- plain greek yogurt
- coconut milk
- agave syrup
- collagen or protein powder, optional
HOW TO MAKE PINEAPPLE SMOOTHIES:
Time needed: 5 minutes.
Making your Pineapple Smoothie:
- Blending Ingredients
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth
- Garnish and Serve
Pour into glasses and garnish with pineapple wedges, if desired, before serving.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES LIKE THIS PINEAPPLE SMOOTHIE? GIVE THESE A TRY!
- THE BEST MANGO SMOOTHIES
- BLUEBERRY SMOOTHIES
- THE BEST STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE
- AGUA DE MELON
- COPYCAT ORANGE JULIUS
- THE BEST HOMEMADE LEMONADE
- STRAWBERRY SWEET TEA
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 cups frozen pineapple
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 5 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons agave syrup (or honey)
- 1 scoop collagen or protein powder, optional
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with pineapple wedges, if desired, before serving.
- This yields 2 large smoothies or 3 to 4 smaller ones.
- The pineapple juice makes it extra fruity, but if you would prefer, you can increase the coconut milk and reduce the juice.
- Cottage cheese can be substituted for the Greek yogurt for an extra boost of protein.
- You could call this a Pineapple Dole whip or Pina Colada Smoothie too.
- The pineapple flavor is strong and sweet even though the smoothie is relatively pale in color.
- I like to cut up fresh pineapple and freeze it overnight.
- Using frozen fruit eliminates the need for ice which waters down the smoothie.
- Honey or pure maple syrup can be substituted for agave.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
This smoothie sounds so delicious, but I’m allergic to bananas. Would there be something you can suggest that I can substitute with? Thanks 🙂
Well, when I google that answer, they say that the most similar texture to banana is avocado and silken tofu.
Delicious! Love this smoothie.