With just a few simple ingredients, this Homemade Pink Lemonade is the perfect, sweet and refreshing drink to cool you down this summer!
A DELICIOUS REFRESHING SUMMER DRINK
Lemonade brings back the nostalgia of my childhood and setting up lemonade stands to make a little money as a kid. Of course, in my lemonade hustling days, we always just whipped up some ole Country Time lemonade. We saved the homemade stuff just for us. This Homemade Pink Lemonade has super simple ingredients that you can make very quickly. With the addition of grenadine, you have a tasty and slightly different flavor from the usual. If you are looking for that fun and tasty (and pink!) drink for the summer, you must try my Homemade Pink Lemonade recipe!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
You certainly can! You will most likely need two pitchers or a punch bowl if you are serving for a party.
The grenadine helps give the lemonade it's pink hue as well as add some delicious but very subtle pomegranate flavor. You can use more or less grenadine depending on how pink you want your lemonade.
If you enjoy really sweet lemonade (like many in my family), you can certainly make it sweeter. I taste the lemonade after making it then add more if necessary. Some lemons are more tart than others so you'll need to adjust the sweetness depending on the flavor of the lemons.
I highly suggest that you use freshly squeezed lemon juice for this recipe as bottled juice will not give you the same flavor as fresh would. I think bottled lemon juice is absolutely horrible tasting for lemonade. Don't do it.
Good question - ha! When you mix the red grenadine with the yellow lemonade - it results in orange (if you remember mixing colors from your elementary school days.) If you want this to be more "pink" you could certainly add more grenadine or you could add a few drops of strawberry extract. It will add to the flavor as well as adding a bit more color.
Store it in the refrigerator and enjoy within 5 days.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- granulated sugar
- lemon juice
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE PINK LEMONADE:
Place half of the water into a medium-size saucepan then add the sugar.
Whisk it together. Place over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until the sugar is dissolved. You know the sugar is dissolved when the mixture becomes clear again. Let it cool slightly on the countertop.
To a large pitcher, add the lemon juice.
Next add sugar water.
Then add the remaining 2 cups water.
Lastly add the grenadine.
Stir to combine.
Place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to chill and serve over ice.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
- EASY SPARKLING STRAWBERRY PUNCH
- SECRET INGREDIENT HOMEMADE LEMONADE
- THE BEST CHERRY LIMEADE
- EASY OCEAN WATER PUNCH
- HOMEMADE SOUTHERN SWEET TEA
- STRAWBERRY CREAM FLOATS
HOMEMADE PINK LEMONADE
- 4 cups water divided
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 ¼ cups lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 2-4 tablespoon grenadine
- Place half of the water into a medium-size saucepot.
- Add the sugar and whisk it together. Place over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until the sugar is dissolved.
- You know the sugar is dissolved when the mixture becomes clear again. Let it cool slightly on the countertop.
- In a large pitcher, add the lemon juice, sugar water, the remaining 2 cups water, and grenadine.
- Stir to combine.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to chill and serve over ice.
- Add more or less grenadine to your liking to achieve the pink color you like.
- Taste after making and add more sugar if necessary. The sugar needs to be added before the lemonade chills.
- You can double this if you like but you will need two pitchers or a punch bowl.
- Enjoy your freshly made lemonade within 5 days.