Fresh, flavorful and homemade, this Strawberry Lemonade needs only 4 ingredients and 5 minutes to make and is the perfect summer thirst quencher!
A HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY LEMON DRINK
I love all things strawberry and that includes all the drinks! This Strawberry Lemonade is homemade and comes together in no time! This is one recipe that we love to keep in the refrigerator to sip on during those warm weather months. Fresh strawberry and lemon flavors work so well together and is one of my favorite pairings. So if you are looking for an easy non-alcoholic drink to cool you down in the summer, then you have to make my Strawberry Lemonade recipe!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Pink lemonade uses grenadine syrup, which is a red colored pomegranate syrup usually used in mixed drinks or in drinks like a Shirley Temple. Strawberry lemonade uses fresh strawberries to give you the pink color and strawberry flavor.
You will just need to fund the strawberries to a pulp. The easiest way to do this is to put the strawberries into a large ziploc bag then seal the bag. Using a heavy object like a flat meat mallet or rolling pin, pound the strawberries until they are completely mashed. Then mix the mashed strawberries with the rest of the ingredients and stir well.
Fresh strawberries and lemons have lots of vitamins and nutrients. To make this healthier you could use a sugar substitute like Stevia or your favorite sugar substitute.
Absolutely, you will just need a pitcher or a punch bowl that is large enough to accommodate the extra amount.
Yes, there is a little pulp in this Strawberry Lemonade. If you are not a pulp fan you can strain this through a fine mesh strainer to remove it.
No. Please don't. The bottled lemon juice will make it taste fake. Juicing fresh lemons is the go-to method to get the perfect flavor.
This can be stored in the refrigerator covered where it will keep for up to 7-10 days.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- cold water
- granulated sugar
- lemon juice
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY LEMONADE:
Wash the strawberries and cut the stem off each of them. Combine two cups of water with the sugar and strawberries in a large bowl. Stir the ingredients together until the sugar is dissolved.
Pour the mixture into a blender and blend on high until smooth.
Pour the strawberry mixture into a pitcher and add the remaining water as well as the lemon juice.
Stir the lemonade together, serve, and enjoy!
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? YOU MUST TRY THESE!
Homemade Strawberry Lemonade
- 5 cups cold water, divided use
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Wash the strawberries and cut the stem off each of them.
- Combine two cups of water with the sugar and strawberries in a large bowl. Stir the ingredients together until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Pour the strawberry mixture into a pitcher and add the remaining water as well as the lemon juice.
- Stir the lemonade together, serve, and enjoy!
- You can make this healthier by replacing the sugar with stevia.
- Easily double this recipe to make for a larger crowd.
- Use other fruit to make other flavors.
- Use only fresh lemon juice and not bottled.