- Equal® is a great-tasting, sugar alternative that adds just the right amount of sweetness and flavor, and can be used as a part of your daily ritual in coffee or tea
- Equal® also adds great sweetness to any cold beverage such as iced tea and lemonade and it will dissolve! You can sprinkle it on cereal and fruit, and use it in many baking and cooking recipes.
- Equal® 0-calorie Sweetener is a great option for people, especially those living with diabetes, who want to replace or reduce sugar intake and keep their blood glucose levels in check.
- Equal® products are available at most grocery, club and drug stores. Also look for Equal® in the sweetener caddy at coffee shops and restaurants. It’s the blue packet!
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY SWEET TEA:
Take the rest of the strawberries and remove the stems (discard those) and slice the strawberries in half. Ahhhh…I just love to look at strawberries. They’re so pretty, right?!
STRAWBERRY SWEET TEA
- 4 cups water
- 4 tea bags (regular size, not family size)
- 1 pint strawberries divided use
- 8 packets Equal® 0-calorie sweetener (to taste)
- 2 tsp strawberry extract optional
- ice (or frozen strawberries to keep cold)
- In a medium pot, bring 4 cups of water to a simmer.
- Once it comes to a simmer, turn off heat.
- Then add tea bags to the pot and let it steep.
- While your tea is steeping, work on the strawberries. Set aside 5 strawberries (to use as a garnish for your drinks.)
- Take the rest of the strawberries and remove the stems (discard those) and slice the strawberries in half.
- Pop the strawberries into a blender or food processor.
- Blend until liquified.
- Once your tea has finished steeping, pour it into a large pitcher.
- Then pour the contents of the packets of Equal® into the brewed tea.
- Give it all a stir to dissolve.
- Next, take the strawberries you blended earlier and strain them over the sweetened tea.
- Stir in strawberry extract (if using.)
- Finally, add ice cubes OR frozen strawberries to the tea to cool it down.
- Serve with strawberries as a garnish on top!