Secret Ingredient Homemade Lemonade
- 4-5 cups lemons enough to get about 3/4 lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 quarts of water
- Put each lemon in the microwave for about 15 seconds before squeezing.
- This will help the lemon give up more juice.
- Roll the lemon in your hands.
- Slice each lemon in half and hand squeeze or use a lemon juicer to extract juice from each lemon half.
- You want to get about 3/4 cups of juice in total from all your lemons.
- Run your lemon juice through a strainer to get out all the seeds and bigger pieces of pulp.
- Pour lemon juice into a 2 quart pitcher.
- Add 1 cup of sugar and lemon extract.
- Fill pitcher with water until it reaches the spout lip.
- Stir until all the sugar is dissolved.
- At this point, do a taste test.
- Not all lemons are equal.
- Some are more sour than others so you'll want to make sure your lemonade is to your liking at this point.
- It may need a bit more sugar or perhaps you want it more sour and want to add a a bit more lemon juice.
- You may even want to add a bit more lemon extract.