This fruity Rum Punch is made with a handful of ingredients in only 5 minutes. Perfect to sip on at parties or just a relaxing night with a cocktail!
A CLASSIC COCKTAIL IN 5 MINUTES
Enjoy the warmth of island-inspired flavors in this homemade Rum Punch cocktail recipe. This refreshing party drink is bursting with flavor and sweetness from fresh tropical juices, spiced dark rum, and a hint of tangy lime. The perfect combination for any summer day or festive occasion! Serve it up in a pitcher to share with friends and family or enjoy it as a solo sipper. With just a few simple ingredients, making this thirst-quenching cocktail will be an absolute breeze. Get ready for summer fun with this delicious homemade rum punch recipe!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Yes! Just use 2 ounces of each pineapple and orange juice. Followed by .75 oz of dark rum and the same of white rum. Then add .25 ounce lime juice and the same for the grenadine. Then garnish with whatever fruit slices you prefer.
Absolutely! This drink was made for parties and is the perfect thing to make ahead of time, store in the fridge and whip it out when you’re ready to start serving cocktails.
You can actually make this drink up to 3 days ahead of time as long as it’s kept in the fridge and then stirred well before serving.
I used both for the contrasting flavor since dark rum has a stronger flavor than white rum. I think the combination turned out perfect. If you aren’t wanting the stronger flavor, go all white rum. Or swap it out for some coconut rum- that would go amazingly well with the fruit juice flavors.
It’s really simple to sweeten it up a bit. Add some more grenadine or some simple syrup to give this rum punch a little sweeter punch.
Leftover rum punch can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days once you’ve made it.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (SEE RECIPE CARD BELOW FOR THE FULL RECIPE)
- pineapple juice
- orange juice
- white rum
- dark rum
- lime juice
- orange, lime and maraschino cherries, for garnish
HOW TO MAKE RUM PUNCH
To a pitcher add the pineapple juice and orange juice.
Then the white rum.
Followed by the dark rum and lime juice.
And finally the grenadine.
Stir to combine, add orange and lime slices, if desired, for garnish.
Pour over ice in a glass and add more garnishes, including cherries if desired.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES?
- To a pitcher add the pineapple juice, orange juice, white rum, dark rum, lime juice, and grenadine.
- Stir to combine, add orange and lime slices, if desired, for garnish.
- Pour over ice in a glass and add more garnishes, including cherries if desired.
- To make the rum punch for 1 serving, just add the following, then add garnishes directly to the glass: 2 ounces pineapple juice, 2 ounces orange juice, .75 ounce white rum, .75 ounce dark rum, .25 ounce fresh squeezed lime juice, and .25 ounce grenadine. Add 1 sliced orange and 1 sliced lime with some Maraschino cherries for garnish.This is a perfect punch to make ahead and keep it in the fridge until guests arrive or just have it in a spout, easy peasy!
- You can also make this ahead, up to 3 days before serving and give it a good stir then serve.
- Dark rum has a bolder flavor than white, so if you don’t want it as strong flavored, you can use all white rum. Coconut rum would also be amazing!
- Fruity with a hint of sweetness, this is the perfect drink for sipping. You can add more grenadine or simple syrup if you like it sweeter.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and other nutritional values can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.