With fruity hints of banana and berries and a combination of rums, this Rum Runner Cocktail is a favorite summer beverage that is sure to satisfy!
A FRUITY COCKTAIL RECIPE
I love a good cocktail in the evening after a nice hot summers day. This Rum Runner Cocktail takes the cake when it comes to flavor. There is so much packed into all in one drink: banana, berry, rum, you name it. The best thing is that they work so well together. This is a classic cocktail that is and always has been perfect for those hot summer months. So whether you're throwing a party, having a sip out on the deck or just because, you need to make this Rum Runner Cocktail recipe.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
I use Chambord which is a blackberry liqueur. If you can't find that you can use Blackberry Brandy as a substitute.
While there are various different alcohols in this cocktail, the main flavor you will taste is banana with lighter notes of berries. So you really get it all, we just think that the banana sticks out the most.
I like to use both white and dark rum for this recipe. I use Captain Morgan for the white rum and Meyers for the dark rum. You can use any of your favorite light and dark rum recipes in this that you like. Just use what you have on hand. If you only have light rum, just use that instead of the combination of the two.
While I HIGHLY recommend using fresh lime juice for anything, you can use bottled in a pinch but it really will not taste as good. I do not like bottled lime juice at all.
Yes! This is great to make in a pitcher or a punch bowl. Just mix all the ingredients together (tripling the recipe). Stir everything together and place in the refrigerator. When you are ready to serve, just pour over ice in glasses
This drink is meant to be made right before it is consumed. You can store for a few hours in the refrigerator but I would not keep any longer than that.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR A RUM RUNNER: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- white rum
- dark rum
- banana liqueur
- chambord or blackberry liqueur
- pineapple juice
- lime juice
HOW TO MAKE A RUM RUNNER COCKTAIL:
Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice.
Add the white rum, dark rum, banana liqueur, chambord, pineapple juice, lime juice, and grenadine to the cocktail shaker. Add the top and shake vigorously.
Pour over ice in a glass.
Garnish with blackberries, lime, pineapple, and cherries if using, serve immediately.
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? YOU MUST TRY THESE!
Rum Runner Cocktail
- ice cubes
- 1 ounce white rum
- 1 ounce dark rum
- 1 ounce banana liqueur
- ½ ounce chambord or blackberry liqueur
- 2 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 ounce lime juice, fresh squeezed
- ½ ounce grenadine
- blackberries, lime slices, pineapple slices and maraschino cherries, for garnish (optional)
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice.
- Add the white rum, dark rum, banana liqueur, chambord, pineapple juice, lime juice, and grenadine to the cocktail shaker. Add the top and shake vigorously.
- Pour over ice in a tall glass. Garnish with blackberries, lime, pineapple, and cherries if using, serve immediately.
- This can be made for a crowd, just make more of the recipe and place in a pitcher or punch bowl and serve over ice.
- You can use light rum instead of a combination of white and dark rum.
- I do not recommend storing for more than a few hours in the refrigerator.
- Blackberry Brandy can be used as a substitute for blackberry liqueur (a.k.a. Chambord).
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.