These Watermelon Margaritas are so fruity, fresh and delicious! It's the perfect summertime drink that is super quick to blend together for you and your guests!
FRESH AND FRUITY SUMMERTIME COCKTAIL
Margaritas are one of those drinks that almost everyone loves! I love me a fruity margarita and I love the different flavors that you can play around with. You only need a handful of ingredients to create a delicious fresh watermelon drink with a hint of alcohol in each sip. If you are looking for that perfectly easy (and beautiful!) summertime drink, you have to whip up this Watermelon Margarita recipe.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Yes! We like to do that as well! To do this, freeze the watermelon before blending and add 1 cup ice.
You can easily find diced up watermelon at your local grocery store that will save you time on cutting up a watermelon. If you do use a whole watermelon make sure that it is seedless.
You can use any kind that you like. My personal favorite is Jose Cuervo but choose a tequila brand that you know you will enjoy.
Cointreau is an orange flavored liqueur similar to Triple Sec. I love Triple Sec but I would describe Cointreau as having a more complex and smoother flavor. Having said all that, you can absolutely switch this out with Triple Sec.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- lime juice
- salt or sugar (optional)
HOW TO MAKE WATERMELON MARGARITAS:
In a blender, add the watermelon.
Next add the tequila.
Add in the Cointreau and lime juice.
Pulse until everything is well blended, around 4 minutes. Strain margarita mixture over a tall pitcher and fill with ice. Set aside.
(Optional) Dip the rim of the glasses in water and then into rimming salt or sugar until coated. Pour the watermelon margarita in prepared glasses. Reserve remaining pitcher of margarita mix in the refrigerator.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
- 4 ½ cups watermelon cubed
- ⅓ cup tequila
- ¼ cup cointreau
- ½ cup lime juice
- salt or sugar to rim the glass (optional)
- In the glass of a blender add the watermelon, tequila, cointreau and lime juice. Pulse until everything is well blended, around 4 minutes.
- Strain over a tall pitcher and fill with ice.
- Optional: Dip the rim of the glasses in water and then into rimming salt or coarse sugar until coated.
- Pour the watermelon margarita into glasses (over ice) to serve.
- You can buy pre-cut watermelon at your local grocer if you don't want to cut up a whole watermelon.
- Make sure your watermelon is seedless to make it easier to not have to remove the seeds.
- Cointreau can be substituted with Triple Sec.
- You can make this frozen by freezing your watermelon and adding ice.
- Use your favorite tequila for this recipe.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.