These Watermelon Margaritas are so fruity, fresh and delicious! It's the perfect summertime drink that is super quick to blend together for you and your guests!
FRESH AND FRUITY SUMMERTIME COCKTAIL
Margaritas are one of those drinks that almost everyone loves! I love me a fruity margarita and I love the different flavors that you can play around with. You only need a handful of ingredients to create a delicious fresh watermelon drink with a hint of alcohol in each sip. If you are looking for that perfectly easy (and beautiful!) summertime drink, you have to whip up this Watermelon Margarita recipe.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Yes! We like to do that as well! To do this, freeze the watermelon before blending and add 1 cup ice.
You can easily find diced up watermelon at your local grocery store that will save you time on cutting up a watermelon. If you do use a whole watermelon make sure that it is seedless.
You can use any kind that you like. My personal favorite is Jose Cuervo but choose a tequila brand that you know you will enjoy.
Cointreau is an orange flavored liqueur similar to Triple Sec. I love Triple Sec but I would describe Cointreau as having a more complex and smoother flavor. Having said all that, you can absolutely switch this out with Triple Sec.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- lime juice
- smoked paprika
- chili flakes
- chili powder
- basil, optional
HOW TO MAKE WATERMELON MARGARITAS:
In a blender, add the watermelon.
Next add the tequila.
Add in the Cointreau and lime juice.
Pulse until everything is well blended, around 4 minutes. Strain margarita mixture over a tall pitcher and fill with ice. Set aside.
Optional: Prepare the rimming salt. On a small plate combine add the salt, paprika, chili flakes, chili powder and pepper.
Mix together then dip the rim of the glasses in water and then into the rimming salt until coated.
Pour the watermelon margarita in prepared glasses.
Reserve remaining pitcher of margaritas in refrigerator.
Garnish with fresh basil.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
- 4 ½ cups watermelon cubed
- ⅓ cup tequila
- ¼ cup cointreau
- ½ cup lime juice
For the rimming salt:
- ½ cup salt
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp pepper
- Basil for garnish
- In the glass of a blender add the watermelon, tequila, cointreau and lime juice. Pulse until everything is well blended, around 4 minutes.
- Strain over a tall pitcher and fill with ice. Set aside.
- Optional: Prepare the rimming salt. In a small plate combine the salt, paprika, chili flakes, chili powder and pepper. Dip the rim of the glasses in water and then into the rimming salt until coated.
- Pour the watermelon margarita in prepared glasses.
- You can buy pre cut watermelon at your local grocer if you don't want to cut up a whole watermelon.
- Make sure your watermelon is seedless to make it easier to not have to remove the seeds.
- Cointreau can be substituted with Triple Sec.
- You can make this frozen by freezing your watermelon and adding ice.
- Use your favorite tequila for this recipe.