A quick and easy family-friendly recipe, this Watermelon Mocktail uses just a few ingredients but it is packed with summertime flavor!
A FUN FRUITY MOCKTAIL RECIPE
I love summer drink recipes especially when they are made with summer fruits. This Watermelon Mocktail is such an easy refresher that we make it a lot when we get our hand on some fresh, ripe watermelon. Sitting on the porch, laying by the pool, or just out on the deck – these are all perfect occasions to sip on this. It is something your whole family can enjoy! Take advantage of that gorgeous summer fruit and make this Watermelon Mocktail recipe this summer!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
If you’re in a real hurry you can use watermelon juice. Store-bought watermelon juice isn’t always readily available everywhere but Simply Watermelon is what I would recommend if you can find it. This takes such little time and effort I would suggest using real watermelon.
I like to use a small, seedless watermelon but you can use any kind you prefer or is available to you.
Absolutely! You can add in your favorite alcohols – some of our favorites would be vodka or rum. You can add as little or as much as you like to your taste.
Yes! If you are serving more people you can absolutely do that. I would quadruple this recipe to get around 8 servings or you could do more. You can mix everything besides the soda in the pitcher and serve over ice and then pour your soda in.
While this is best drank right away, you would store just the watermelon juice in the refrigerator in an airtight container where it will last for up to 1 week. Then you can assemble your mocktails whenever you’d like.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- club soda or lemon-lime soda
- watermelon, lemon slices and mint sprigs for garnish
HOW TO MAKE A WATERMELON MOCKTAIL:
In a high-speed blender, blend the watermelon cubes until they are completely juiced.
Strain the juice into a large measuring cup or pitcher with a fine-meshed sieve to remove any pulp from the watermelon juice. Set aside.
Fill serving glasses with ice. Add 3 ounces of the watermelon juice to the glass. Then add 2 ounces of lemonade. Top up the glass with soda (club soda for a less sweet mocktail and lemon-lime soda for a sweeter drink.) Garnish with a watermelon wedge, lemon slice, and mint sprig, and serve immediately!
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES?
- 1.5 cups cubed watermelon
- 4 ounces lemonade
- 4 ounces club soda or lemon-lime soda (I prefer Sprite or 7-Up)
- watermelon wedges, lemon slices and/or fresh mint, for garnish
- In a high-speed blender, blend the watermelon cubes until they are completely juiced.
- Strain the juice into a large measuring cup or pitcher with a fine-meshed sieve to remove any pulp from the watermelon juice. Set aside.
- Fill serving glasses with ice.
- Add 3 ounces of the watermelon juice to the glass. Then add 2 ounces of lemonade.
- Top up the glass with soda (club soda for a less sweet mocktail and lemon-lime soda for a sweeter drink).
- Garnish with a watermelon wedge, lemon slice, and mint sprig, and serve immediately!
- This can be quadrupled to make in a pitcher or punch bowl.
- The watermelon juice will keep for up to a week in the refrigerator..
- This can be made alcoholic, see my tips above.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and other nutritional values can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.