These fun Strawberry Margarita Jell-O Shots have all the flavors of your favorite drink but in a convenient, jiggly cup! Literally bursting with flavor and party ready!
EASY AND FLAVORFUL JELLO SHOT
Are you ready to take your shots from the to knock-your-sock-off delicious? Look no further than these Strawberry Margarita Jell-O Shots! These sweet little shooters are not only easy to make, but they also walk the perfect line between fun and fancy. And let’s be honest – nothing says a party like a good Jell-O shot! I promise these will be a huge hit – no special occasion needed!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
You want to use this kind of lime juice rather than the traditional more tart lime juice, it adds that pop of lime you get in margaritas and adds a touch more sweetness to your Jello shot.
You will find it in the alcohol aisle of your grocery store. It’s usually right next to the bottles of grenadine. See my ingredient photo below so you know what to look for. If you can’t find it, you can just leave it out.
Nope! They’re the perfect mix of sweet, slightly tangy and a hint of alcohol.
No. Don’t run to the store just to get margarita salt, if you have kosher salt you can use that instead or just leave it off altogether if you don’t enjoy salt with your margaritas.
Use whatever tequila you have on hand. But, it’s important to know that blanco tequila (white tequila) will help keep your shot a nice, bright red since it is a clear tequila.
I always use 2 ounce cups for Jell-O shots but you can certainly go larger. It will just make less. Here are the ones I use.
Yes, certainly, you can scale this to make however many Jell-O shots you need. Just make sure you have enough of the little cups.
You bet, since these can be kept in the fridge for up to a week, you can easily make these a few days in advance (just keep the tops on them). Just store them in the fridge until you’re ready to serve them. Also, wait to garnish until you’re ready to serve them.
Leftover shots need to be stored in their little cups with the lids on and should be kept in the fridge for up to a week.
Yes! They’re fantastic frozen but you can let them thaw in the fridge overnight before enjoying again. They’ll keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (SEE RECIPE CARD BELOW FOR THE FULL RECIPE)
- strawberry Jell-O mix – you can use any flavor you enjoy to switch this up (lime works great!)
- boiling water – this and the cold water help to activate the gelatin
- cold water
- sweetened lime juice – this is optional if you can’t find it, just look in the alcohol aisle of your grocery store (see ingredient photo below)
- white tequila – you can use any of your favorite tequila – the white just helps to keep it nice and clear
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY MARGARITA JELL-O SHOTS
In a large bowl, add the Jell-O mix. Pour in the boiling water and whisk until combined and the jello is dissolved. Add the cold water and whisk until combined.
Add the sweetened lime juice and tequila, and whisk until fully combined. Fill 12 (2-ounce) cups with the mixture about ¾ of the way full. Cover with the lids and place into the fridge until set, about 3 hours or overnight.
To serve, take a lime slice and run it along the edge of the plastic cup and then carefully dip the edge all over in the margarita salt.
Garnish with strawberry slices and more lime. Chill until ready to serve.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES?
Strawberry Margarita Jell-O Shots
- 3 ounces strawberry Jell-O mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- ⅓ cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons sweetened lime juice
- ½ cup white tequila
- lime slices
- margarita salt
- strawberry slices
- In a large bowl, add the Jell-O mix. Pour in the boiling water and whisk until combined and the jello is dissolved.
- Add the cold water and whisk until combined.
- Add the sweetened lime juice and tequila, and whisk until fully combined.
- Fill 12 (2-ounce) cups with the mixture about ¾ of the way full. Cover with the lids and place into the fridge until set, about 3 hours or overnight.
- To serve, take a lime slice and run it along the edge of the plastic cup and then carefully dip the edge all over in the margarita salt.
- Garnish with strawberry slices and more lime. Chill until ready to serve.
- Please refer to my FAQ’s and ingredient list above for other substitutions or for the answers to the most common questions.
- These are not overly strong, with a fantastic balance of flavors and alcohol.
- If you don’t have margarita salt, you can use kosher salt.
- Use whatever tequila you like, but blanco helps keep the shots looking clear and that bright red from the jello.
- Only garnish the shots you will use immediately because they cannot be store with the garnishes. To store you need to keep the plastic tops on.
- Store with the lid on in the fridge for up to 1 week.
They freeze well for up to 3 months. They are even good frozen! Or, you can let them thaw overnight in the fridge.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and other nutritional values can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.