Piña Colada Jell-O Shots
Tasty Piña Colada Jell-O Shots are the perfect, beat-the-heat, summer cocktail treat. Made with minimal effort, these Jello shots are always a huge hit!
A TASTY TWIST ON CLASSIC JELL-O SHOTS
Pineapple Piña Colada Jell-O Shots are a fun and easy way to enjoy a classic cocktail in bite-sized form. These Jell-o shots offer a unique twist on the traditional piña colada, using Pineapple Jell-O, rum, and some coconut cream to make an unforgettable adult-only treat! These really are amazing! You can’t really taste the alcohol much but you do get that coconut flavor which makes these so good!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Coconut rum helps bring the piña colada flavor but if you want to change it up a bit and expand the flavor profile, try using your favorite other flavored rum or vodka.
Love pineapple? You’re not alone. Instead of using the cold water, use cold pineapple juice to really amp up the pineapple flavor.
They are best when garnished and then served immediately, so if you have a party, I would garnish them one by one as people enjoy them. I wouldn’t garnish them ahead of time. Of course, you do not need to garnish them at all for them to taste great!
Well these tasty Jell-o shots require a few hour minimum chill time, just as other Jell-O shots do. So, I suggest making them the night before if possible. Then garnish as you are ready to serve!
You bet! I would suggest using some pineapple juice in place of the cold water to give them a little more flavor. Alternatively, you could use cold coconut water in place of the cold water for another added element of flavor.
These piña colada shots should be stored with the top on in the refrigerator for up to a week. Don’t add whipped cream and other garnish until you’re ready to enjoy them.
No. It doesn’t contain any alcohol although you will usually find it in the alcohol aisle of your grocery store since it is often used in drink mixes. I actually love to use it in my Coconut Cream Poke Cake!
Here’s a link to the ones that I used. I prefer a 2-ounce shot cup.
Actually, you can! Just freeze in the containers, with no optional garnishes. They’ll keep for up to 3 months. Plus, they’re delicious if you enjoy them while still frozen, or partially frozen! If you want them thawed all the way, remove them from the freezer and leave them in the fridge overnight to thaw.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (SEE RECIPE CARD BELOW FOR THE FULL RECIPE)
- pineapple Jell-O mix
- boiling water
- cold water
- cream of coconut
- coconut rum
- optional toppings (Cool Whip, shredded coconut, maraschino cherries)
HOW TO MAKE PIÑA COLADA JELL-O SHOTS
In a large bowl add the Jell-O mix. Add the boiling water and whisk until combined and the Jell-O is dissolved.
Add the cold water and whisk until combined.
Whisk in the cream of coconut until dissolved, followed by the coconut rum.
Fill 12 (2-ounce) cups with the mixture about ¾ of the way full. Cover with the lids and place into the fridge until set, about 3 hours or overnight.
Pipe or dollop Cool Whip on top of each one. Add shredded coconut, pineapple chunks, and cherries if using.
Serve and enjoy!
CRAVING MORE RECIPES?
Piña Colada Jell-O Shots
- 3 ounces pineapple Jell-O mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup cream of coconut, stirred well
- 1/2 cup coconut rum
- Cool Whip (whipped topping)
- shredded sweetened coconut
- pineapple chunks
- maraschino cherries
- In a large bowl add 3 ounces pineapple Jell-O mix . Add 1 cup boiling water and whisk until combined and the Jell-O is dissolved.
- Add 1/4 cup cold water and whisk until combined.
- Whisk in 1/4 cup cream of coconut, until dissolved, followed by 1/2 cup coconut rum.
- Fill 12 (2-ounce) cups with the mixture about ¾ of the way full. Cover with the lids and place into the fridge until set, about 3 hours or overnight.
- Pipe or dollop Cool Whip on top of each cup. Add shredded sweetened coconut, pineapple chunks and maraschino cherries if using, and serve!
- These must stay chilled if you are not serving them.
- You can make these the night before serving, which is especially helpful since they have to chill at least 3 hours- overnight is preferable.
- These are the shot cups I used.
- Sometimes the cream of coconut can separate in the can so it’s important you stir it before using.
- To amp up the pineapple flavor, you can use cold pineapple juice in place of the cold water.
- They are best when garnished and then served immediately, so if you have a party, I would garnish them one by one as people enjoy them.
- Do not store in the fridge with the garnish on top. Store with the lid on in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- They freeze well for up to 3 months. They are even good frozen! Or, you can let them thaw overnight in the fridge.
- You can make these alcohol free by omitting the alcohol and adding some pineapple juice or coconut water instead for yummy flavor.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.