Easy and Amazing Pasta Salad
I really enjoy creamy pasta salads. They are my favorite. Probably because of the mayonnaise. I heart mayonnaise. Oh and bacon. I definitely heart bacon. It makes everything better. This pasta salad has a slightly sweet, slightly tangy thing going on that really adds to the overall flavor.
Broccoli, Bacon and more!
You can change up the add-ins however you like. Use a different pasta or maybe you want to use green peppers or grapes or some toasted nuts. All that can be tailored to your tastes. But the creamy sauce really makes this salad something special.
1 (16-oz.) package rotini pasta
1 pound fresh broccoli, chopped (stems removed)
1/2 cup diced red onion
1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 cups mayonnaise
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
Prepare pasta according to package directions. Chop broccoli, onion and bacon. Note: A quick word about how this broccoli should be chopped up. It’s helpful if you aren’t real familiar with chopping up fresh broccoli. We just want the top part of the broccoli here, the florets. So you need to chop off the thick stem. Maybe put those in your veggie stock or compost bin.
Rotini pasta, bacon, broccoli all tossed together in a homemade creamy dressing!
- 1 16 oz package rotini pasta
- 1 pound fresh broccoli chopped (stems removed)
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 pound bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare pasta according to package directions
- Chop broccoli, onion and bacon.
- In a bowl, mix together mayonnaise, red wine vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Once pasta has been cooked and drained well, put it in a large bowl.
- Pour in mayonnaise mixture, chopped broccoli and diced onion (don’t add the bacon in yet, you want to add that in right before serving so it stays crunchy).
- Stir well.
- Cover bowl and put in the fridge to chill for at least 3 hours.
- Before serving, add crumbled bacon to salad and then give it all a good stir and then serve.
Some additional add-ins that would be delicious in this are some halved red grapes (1 1/2 cups) and chopped pecans (1 cup). Before serving, add crumbled bacon to salad and then give it all a good stir and then serve.