With just 6 minutes and 3 ingredients, you can have this amazing Heath Bar Magic Shell topping! Perfect to serve over your favorite ice cream treat!
A FUN MAGIC SHELL RECIPE
If you have never had or tried Magic Shell before, you are absolutely missing out. I think this Heath Bar Magic Shell is one of my favorite flavors to date. The addition of the toffee chocolate bar really takes it over the top. Plus, it couldn't be simpler to make. Ready to jazz up that plain vanilla ice cream? Then you absolutely MUST make this Heath Bar Magic Shell recipe!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
I used milk chocolate baking bars in this recipe because it's what I had on hand that was leftover from something else I made but you can certainly just use milk chocolate chips.
Magic shell is a fun ice cream topping that hardens once it comes into contact with the cold ice cream.
In its natural state, coconut oil is a solid when at room temperature. So we melt it to warm it up to make the Magic Shell and then as it hits the cold ice cream, it goes back to it's natural solid state.
This recipe only works well with coconut oil because it solidifies at room temperature.
I like to use refined coconut oil because it has less of a coconut flavor.
This can be stored in an airtight, microwave-safe, lidded container at room temperature where it will keep for up to one month. You will need to reheat as needed. The best way to reheat is to place it in the microwave for 20-30 seconds until it has thinned back out.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- milk chocolate
- coconut oil
- Heath toffee chocolate candy bar
HOW TO MAKE HEATH BAR MAGIC SHELL:
Place the chocolate and coconut oil into a small microwave-safe bowl.
Heat in thirty-second intervals, mixing each time until all the chocolate is fully melted.
Stir in the heath bar chunks. Pour over ice cream and allow the chocolate to set.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container (like a mason jar). It is not necessary to refrigerate.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
Heath Bar Magic Shell
- 1 cup milk chocolate, chopped
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped Heath toffee chocolate candy bar
- Place the chocolate and coconut oil into a small microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat in thirty-second intervals, mixing each time until all the chocolate is melted.
- Stir in the heath bar chunks.
- Pour over ice cream and allow the chocolate to set.
- You can use milk chocolate chips instead of a chocolate bar in this recipe.
- This can be stored for up to a month when stored properly.
- Other mix-ins can be used.
- Make sure that you use only coconut oil for this recipe.