Crock Pot Chocolate Spoon Cake
It starts with a cake mix!
1 box chocolate cake mix (I used Devil’s Food Cake)
2 cups sour cream
1 small (4 oz.) box instant chocolate pudding mix
3/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
1 cup water
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 4 oz small box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine first six ingredients until combined.
- Then stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for about 4-6 hours.
Many crock pots are made differently these days and the heating elements are located in different parts of the slow cookers so times will vary depending on your brand of slow cooker. If your slow cooker tends to run hot, check around the 3 hour mark. It should spring back to the touch when it is ready. It will appear kind of spongy. Spoon a small amount into a small bowl (this is a pretty rich dessert, so you probably don’t want large servings). Then drizzle a little chocolate syrup on top. Top with whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream if you prefer.