Crock Pot Chocolate Spoon Cake is a slow cooker chocolate cake the starts with a boxed cake mix. It is incredibly easy and delicious!
AN EASY CROCK POT DESSERT
If you love chocolate pudding and you love cake then this is a yummy marriage of the two. Now, personally, I think it’s best to top it off with a little drizzle of Hershey’s chocolate syrup and if you are feeling really decadent, a little dollop of whipped cream or even a scoop of vanilla ice cream! Yummy!
TIPS FOR MAKING CHOCOLATE SPOON CAKE:
- Another way to change this up would be to use mint chocolate chips instead of the semi-sweet to add a touch of mint to the overall taste!
- Also, you should be able to make this in the oven. I haven’t tried it yet so I can’t give exact times. If anyone tries it in the oven, please comment and let me know how it turned out for you.
- This will work with any boxed cake mix and pudding combination.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- chocolate cake mix
- sour cream
- instant chocolate pudding mix
- vegetable or canola oil
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER CHOCOLATE SPOON CAKE:
Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray (I like to use the nonstick spray that has flour in it – like Baker’s Joy.) In a large bowl, combine first six ingredients until combined (I’m using my stand mixer). Then stir in chocolate chips.
Pour into prepared slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low. Please note, many crock pots are made differently these days and the heating elements are located in different parts of the slow cookers so times will vary depending on your brand of slow cooker. If your slow cooker tends to run hot, keep an eye on it. It should spring back to the touch when it is ready. It will appear kind of spongy. Now, it doesn’t look too pretty sitting here in the crock pot, but don’t worry, we’re gonna jazz it up a bit.
Spoon a serving into a small bowl. Then drizzle a little chocolate syrup on top and wow! It not only looks scrumptious but it really sets this dessert off. If you like, top with whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES?
Crock Pot Chocolate Spoon Cake (+Video)
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine first six ingredients until combined well.
- Then stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for about 4-6 hours.
- Many crock pots are made differently these days and the heating elements are located in different parts of the slow cookers so times will vary depending on your brand of slow cooker. If your slow cooker tends to run hot, check around the 3 hour mark. It should spring back to the touch when it is ready. It will appear kind of spongy.
- Spoon a small amount into a small bowl (this is a pretty rich dessert, so you probably don’t want large servings). Then drizzle a little chocolate syrup on top. Top with whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream if you prefer.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
Originally published: August 2013
Updated & republished: June 2020