Looking for a spooky meal to serve to the family? These Halloween Mummy Meatloaves are easy, tasty and absolutely fun!
A DELICIOUSLY SPOOKY HALLOWEEN MEAL
Meatloaf is truly one of my favorite comfort foods. When fall rolls around and Halloween approaches, we love to have fun creating spine-chilling foods. Ok, so they really aren't that scary. They are more cute than scary but that's ok! These Halloween Mummy Meatloaves are super easy to whip up with only a small amount of ingredients and one that the whole family really loves. These have become one of our favorite Halloween main dishes that are requested every year. If you are looking for a spooktacular dinner time dish, then you have to try my Halloween Mummy Meatloaf recipe!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
For this recipe you can use crescent rolls or a crescent dough sheet. If you do use the rolls, make sure you pinch the seams to seal before cutting them. If you use a dough sheet it will be easier to cut into strips.
If you want to switch it up and not use ground beef, these will be great with ground chicken, turkey and pork as well.
I used Stove Top chicken flavored stuffing for this recipe but you can use your favorite kind to switch up the taste if you'd like.
Absolutely! If you have a favorite meatloaf you like to make then I say that you can definitely use your favorite recipe for this. I tried to keep this recipe as easy as possible so it could be made quickly.
No, you can use your favorite BBQ sauce for this. If you want it sweeter, then go with a brown sugar barbecue sauce and if you want it spicier, then use one with a bolder flavor. Generally if I'm buying barbecue sauce I will get Sweet Baby Rays, KC Masterpiece Kansas City Classic (black label) or Bulls Eye brand.
If you have any leftover, place in an airtight container and they should keep in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave, oven or in an air fryer until warmed through.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- ground beef
- chicken flavored stuffing
- barbecue sauce
- refrigerated crescent rolls
- sliced black olives
HOW TO MAKE HALLOWEEN MUMMY MEATLOAVES:
Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Mix meat, stuffing mix, water and eggs until combined.
Shape into oval skull shapes. Place onto a foil lined cookie sheet.
Brush each with the BBQ sauce.
Cut your crescent dough into strips. Lay the dough strips across the meatloaves to resemble mummy wrappings, tucking any excess dough underneath.Place olive slices for the eyes.
Bake for 25-30 minutes until cooked through. Serve!
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? YOU MUST TRY THESE!
HALLOWEEN MUMMY MEATLOAVES
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 6 ounce package chicken flavored stuffing
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs beaten
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- 8 oz refrigerated crescent rolls
- Sliced black olives
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix meat, stuffing mix, water and eggs until combined.
- Shape into oval skull shapes.
- Place onto a foil lined cookie sheet.
- Brush each with the BBQ sauce.
- Cut your crescent dough into strips. Lay the dough strips across the meatloaves to resemble mummy wrappings, tucking any excess dough underneath. Place olive slices for the eyes.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until cooked through. Serve!
- You can use any of your favorite BBQ sauces.
- Crescent rolls and dough sheets will both work for this recipe.
- This can be doubled to serve more people.
- If you want, you can make your own homemade meatloaf.