Get spooky this Halloween season with these Witches Brew Snack Bags! An easy walking treat that is fun for both kids and adults alike!
A SPOOKY WALKING DESSERT
Halloween is right around the corner and I love sharing all the fun Halloween things with you. If you haven’t noticed, I’m a particular fan of “walking desserts”, which are desserts that you put in a bag and can take with you. These Witches Brew Snack Bags are super fun for kids and adults and are filled with Oreos, pudding, gummies and Halloween candies. You can really make these to your liking as they are so versatile. Perfect for parties or gatherings with the kids, these never get old!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
This is a very versatile recipe and you do not have to use Oreo cookies. You can use Vanilla Wafers, Golden Grahams, Chocolate Chip cookies, etc. Whatever you think would taste great with the pudding and toppings will work.
Of course! I would suggest that you use a lighter colored pudding because we are coloring it green so vanilla, French vanilla or white chocolate. However, you could go for more of a “dirt bag” by crushing up the Oreo cookies in the bag and using chocolate pudding!
I know not everything in this recipe is available everywhere. Some ideas that you can use include: gummy worms, gummy eyeballs, candy eyeballs, pop rocks, colored sprinkles, candy corn, etc. Just use what you really like to make this a fun and Halloween themed recipe.
You will be getting the mini size bags of cookies. You can find them in the same aisle as the regular cookies. They usually come in larger packages of multiples. They each should weigh around 1 ounce each.
Yes, if you do not want to make your own pudding you can use the already prepared packs of it. You’ll want to make sure that you stir in the food coloring into each pack or mix it all in a bowl and do it that way.
These are best eaten when they are prepared but you can store them for a few hours in advance. I think it’s easiest to serve them in a baking dish. It helps them to all stand up better without falling over.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- mini Oreo cookies
- instant cheesecake pudding mix
- green gel food coloring
- Cool Whip whipped topping
- candy eyes, candy bones, gummy worms and sprinkles
HOW TO MAKE WITCHES BREW SNACK BAGS:
Start by preparing the cheesecake pudding. In a large bowl, prepare as directed on the back of the box.
Stir in Cool Whip and green food coloring to the prepared pudding. Add enough green food coloring until you achieve the green color you prefer. I went with a lighter color green.
Open the Oreo cookie snack bags and roll them down a bit. Fill each one with 3 generous spoonfuls of pudding mix.
Next, top the pudding in each bag with gummy worms, candy eyes, and candy bones.
Finally, top with green pearl sprinkles.
Serve with a spoon and enjoy!
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? YOU MUST TRY THESE!
Witches Brew Snack Bags (+Video)
- 11 (1 ounce) bags mini Oreos
- 3.4 ounce box instant cheesecake pudding mix, prepared (2 cups of milk needed)
- green gel food coloring
- 4 ounces tub Cool Whip (1/2 tub)
- candy eyes, candy bones, gummy worms and green pearl sprinkles, for topping
- Start by preparing the cheesecake pudding. In a large bowl, prepare the pudding as directed on the back of the box.
- Stir in Cool Whip and green food coloring to the prepared pudding. Add enough green food coloring until you achieve the green color you prefer. I went with a lighter color green.
- Open the mini Oreo cookie snack bags and roll dow n the tops slightly. Fill each one with about 3 spoonfuls of pudding mix.
- Next, top the pudding in each bag with gummy worms, candy eyes, and candy bones.
- Top with green pearl sprinkles. Serve with a spoon and enjoy!
- Nutritional value does not include the candies.
- You can swap out your cookies, see some of my suggestions above.
- I do not recommend making too far ahead, maybe an hour or two max.
- The pudding can be swapped out for another flavor.
- Use whatever candies you can find, this is very versatile, some suggestions are included above.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and other nutritional values can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.