Halloween Poison Apple Jell-O Shots
A drink and a sweet all in one! These Halloween Poison Apple Jell-O Shots are easy and whip up quickly. A tasty adult-only treat to enjoy at your Halloween gatherings.
A FUN HALLOWEEN-INSPIRED JELL-O SHOT
Inspired by the wicked witch’s poisoned apple from Disney’s Snow White, these Halloween Poison Apple Jell-O Shots are a super fun and easy party treat that you can enjoy at your adult Halloween festivities. ever since I started making these, they have become a requested party favorite (even when it’s not Halloween – ha!) Jell-O shots are a fun single serving “drink” that the adults can treat themselves to. You can also make a whole bunch of them very quickly. With a delicious apple flavor and a pretty layers of color, this Halloween Poison Apple Jell-O Shot recipe will be the hit of the party!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
The cups used for this recipe are 2 ounce lidded cups. You can usually find them at your grocery store down the aisle with the plastic utensils and paper plates. They also sell them at party stores and craft stores.
Any apple flavored vodka can be used, my preference is the Smirnoff brand because it is specifically Green Apple. Other brands that you can use that are apple flavored are: Ciroc, UV (this is already green so you might get a deeper green color), Georgi, Flirt and New Amsterdam.
You do not want to fill them to the very top. Filled them to just below the rim. This makes it easier to carry to the refrigerator for them to be chilled. Trust me on this one!
Each layer will take about 1 hour to chill, you can check this by slightly jiggling the cup. If they are not chilled enough they will still be a little liquidy, so keep them in until they are a normal jell-o texture.
You will chill with the lids off. Then after then have set up you can add the lids for easy transportation.
I generally add 1/2 cup to this recipe. You can add more if you’d like but you do not want to add anything over 3/4 cup of they will not set up properly and will not be solidified. However, you can add less if you prefer.
Black food coloring usually only comes in gel style and it also is best to use a gel (versus a liquid) as it is more saturated in color and will make an actual black color (rather than grey).
If you are not a fan of lime juice you can substitute it with lemon juice or cold water or leave it out. It gives this more a tangy green apple flavor.
Doing this will ensure that you won’t get more vodka in one over the other and it could cause the Jell-O to not set up correctly.
Absolutely, this recipe itself makes 12 Jell-O Shots. If you are serving an eager crowd of Jell-O shot lovers then you can certainly make more!
Usually you would suck them right out of the container with a slight squeeze, but you can also use a spoon if you’d like.
Of course! You can make these using the infractions below but just leave out the vodka.
You can store these in the refrigerator with the lid on where they will keep for up to 7-10 days.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- lime jell-o
- boiling water
- green apple vodka
- lime juice
- black gel food coloring
HOW TO MAKE HALLOWEEN POISON APPLE JELL-O SHOTS:
Add the Jell-O and boiling water to a medium-sized bowl and stir until the Jell-O is dissolved.
Add the vodka and lime juice. Stir well again. Immediately after stirring, pour half of the Jell-O mixture into a pourable measuring glass.
Line up the cups, without the lids, on a tray or baking sheet. Fill each cup about half full with the green Jell-O.
Chill for about 30 minutes or until set and the surface is firm. While the green layer is chilling, add the black gel food coloring to the Jell-O that was set aside in the measuring cup and stir well. Set aside.
Once the green layer is ready, fill the cups the rest of the way with the black mixture and chill for at least 30 minutes or until set and firm.
Add the lids, serve, and enjoy!
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES?
Halloween Poison Apple Jell-O Shots
- 3.5 ounce box lime jell-o
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ cup smirnoff green apple vodka
- ½ cup lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon black gel food coloring
- Add the Jell-O and boiling water to a medium-sized bowl and stir until the Jell-O is dissolved.
- Add the vodka and lime juice. Stir well again.
- Immediately after stirring, pour half of the Jell-O mixture into a pourable measuring glass. Set aside.
- Line up the cups, without the lids, on a baking sheet or tray.
- Fill each cup about half full with the green Jell-O.
- Refrigerate the Jell-O for 30 minutes, or until the Jell-O has started to set and the surface is firm.
- While the green layer is chilling, add the black gel food coloring to the remaining Jell-O mixture that you set aside in the measuring cup. Stir well.
- When the green layer is set, fill the cups the rest of the way with the black Jell-O mixture and chill for at least 30 minutes or until set the Jell-O is completely set.
- Add the lids, serve, and enjoy!
- Make sure that the first layer of Jell-O is set before adding the second otherwise they will bleed into one another.
- Gel food coloring works the best because it will make sure that you get an actual black color (rather than gray like you might get with a liquid food color).
- Make sure to chill each layer for at least 30 minutes or until set and the surface is firm.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.