Looking for a fun treat for the kids? These Halloween Graveyard Cups are easy, tasty and a fun recipe that gets everyone involved!
A FUN HALLOWEEN TREAT
When it comes to Halloween, I love making fun treats that the whole family can enjoy. These Halloween Graveyard Cups are super easy and super fun. You can put them together quickly with very little time involved and you can cater them to your personal preference when decorating! This is a great recipe/idea to get the kids involved with. They love being able to layer and decorate everything. Honestly, even the grown up kids love it too! Another great thing about these is that they are single serving, so everyone can have their own little personal dessert! If you want a fun and tasty festive treat, then you have to make these Halloween Graveyard Cups!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Absolutely! If you want to make your own favorite homemade brownie recipe then you certainly can do that. Just make sure you make enough for a 9x13-inch baking pan. You can keep this is a simple or as complex as you'd like!
Yes! If you would rather just buy brownies already made in the bakery section of your grocery store, you can do that as well! Just make sure that what you purchase equals to how much would be made in a 9x13-inch pan.
Yes! If you would rather this not be served in cups you can just layer everything on top of the brownies in the pan and everyone can cut their own sections and eat them that way as well.
I like to use the tube of cookie frosting as it comes with different decorating tips. You can use the different tips to make the grass decorations and to pipe the words onto the cookies. I purchase the green and brown (or black) colors. You can usually find the cookie frosting tubes in the baking aisle of your grocery store. Just make sure they come with the decorating tips or you may have to purchase those separately.
Alternatively, you can actually purchase so many different cake frosting colors these days. What you would do in that case is just put some of that colored cake frosting into a ziptop bag and push it all to one bottom corner of the bag. Cut off a small part of the tip and it will act as a makeshift piping bag.
I suggest that these be eaten right after they are assembled. If you need to store them, I would not store them for more than 24 hours as the pudding will make the brownies soggy and the cookie crumbs will also get soggy as well. I do not suggest freezing them.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- baked brownies
- instant chocolate pudding
- Oreo cookies
- Pepperidge Farm Milano cookies
- chocolate frosting
- green frosting
- mellowcreme pumpkin candies
HOW TO MAKE HALLOWEEN GRAVEYARD CUPS:
In the bottom of 6 disposable cups fill halfway up with brownies.
Next mix your pudding with the milk and stir until well combined. Let sit for 5 minutes to thicken. Divide the pudding evenly between the 6 cups.
In your food processor, crush the Oreos until they are fine crumbs. Spoon the oreo crumbs all over the top of each cup.
Using premade chocolate frosting fill a small ziploc bag with the frosting and cut off a small corner. Pipe R.I.P and Boo on the Milano cookies.
Place one Milano “tombstone” in each cup. Decorate with a couple pumpkins in each cup and use a premade green frosting piped on for grass and serve!
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? YOU MUST TRY THESE!
HALLOWEEN GRAVEYARD CUPS
- 1 9x13-inch pan of baked brownies baked (either from a box mix or homemade)
- 5.9 ounce box instant chocolate pudding
- 3 cups cold milk
- 20 Oreo Cookies
- 6 Pepperidge Farm Milano cookies
- prepared brown frosting (cookie frosting tube)
- prepared green frosting (cookie frosting tube)
- mellowcreeme pumpkin candies
- In the bottom of 6 disposable clear cups, fill the cups halfway up with brownies.
- Next, mix the instant chocolate pudding with the milk and stir until well combined. Let sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Divide the pudding evenly between the 6 cups.
- In a food processor, crush the Oreo cookies until they are fine crumbs (or put them in a plastic ziptop bag and crush them finely with a rolling pin).
- Spoon the Oreo cookie crumbs all over the top of each cup.
- Using the brown cookie frosting, pipe the words "R.I.P" and "Boo" on the Milano Cookies.
- Alternatively, if you can't find the tubed cookie frosting, you can use premade chocolate cake frosting and fill a small ziploc bag with the frosting and cut off a very small corner and then pipe the words above.
- Place one Milano “tombstone” in each cup.
- Decorate with a couple mellow creme candy pumpkins in each cup and use a premade green frosting (I use store-bought tubed cookie frosting) piped on top to make the grass. Then serve!
- You can use homemade, store bought or boxed brownie mix for your brownies.
- When purchasing boxed brownie mix, look for the "family" size brownie mix.
- I break up the brownies into crumbles before scooping them into the bottom of the cups.
- Make sure that you use instant chocolate pudding and not cook and serve.
- I like to use store-bought cookie frosting as it comes with the decorating tips and makes these easier to decorate (try to find brown and green colors.)
- You can use any cookies for your tombstones, Milano is the perfect shape. If you can't find Milano cookies, just go with something as similar as you can find. Pretty much any plain rectangle cookie will work.
- Use smaller cups to get more servings from this recipe. The cup size used in this recipe is 9 ounces. I used the Chinet Crystal brand.