This No Bake Chocolate Chip Cheesecake recipe is one of our favorite easy desserts. Cream cheese, chocolate chips and Oreo pie crust!
A CREAMY NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE
I started making this No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cheesecake dessert when Gene and I were first married. I wasn't cooking or baking much back then. My Mom had sent me off with a few cookbooks. And in one of those cookbooks was a recipe for a no-bake cheesecake. Basic, easy and hard for me to mess up. Graham cracker crust, a block of cream cheese, some sugar and a tub of Cool Whip.
WHAT ARE SOME OTHER CHEESECAKE IDEAS?
Over the years I have tweaked this recipe using different crusts or adding some fun stuff to it like M&M's or topping it with fresh strawberries. Or you can add some crushed up cookies like Oreos or like in my NO-BAKE COOKIES AND CREAM PIE. Add in some heath bits or try different chocolate flavors or even some butterscotch chips.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- chocolate/Oreo pie crust
- cream cheese
- whipped topping (COOL WHIP)
- mini chocolate chips
- chocolate syrup
HOW TO MAKE NO-BAKE CHOCOLATE CHIP CHEESECAKE:
Using a handheld electric mixer or your stand mixer, combine cream cheese with sugar.
Mix until smooth. It may take a few minutes to get all the lumps out. If you are using a stand mixer, be sure to scrape down the sides a time or two.
Stir in whipped topping.
Stir well to combine. I just do this part by hand. If you use an electric mixer, it tends to whip a lot of air into it and we want to keep it kinda dense so that it keeps a similar texture to baked cheesecake.
Now add in mini chocolate chips.
Stir again until combined.
Spread mixture into pie crust (mixture will be thick.)
Looking good already, but it needs to cool for a bit to finish setting up. Pop it into your fridge for at least 3 hours.
Then slice and serve. And because too much chocolate is never enough, drizzle a little chocolate syrup on there before serving.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
- 1 premade chocolate pie crust
- 8 ounce block cream cheese softened
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 8 ounce tub whipped topping thawed
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- chocolate syrup for serving (optional)
- Using a handheld electric mixer or your stand mixer, combine cream cheese with sugar. Mix until smooth. It may take a few minutes to get all the lumps out.
- Add in whipped topping. Stir well to combine.
- Now add in mini chocolate chips. Stir again until combined.
- Spread mixture into pie crust (mixture will be thick).
- Pop it into the refrigerator to cool for at least 3 hours then enjoy!
- Slice and serve with a little chocolate syrup on top.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
Originally published: February 2013
Updated & republished: July 2019