1/2 cup milk
1 Eggland’s Best egg
1 pound ground beef
3 tbsp. (or 1 packet) taco seasoning (RECIPE HERE)
1/3 cup water
1 (11 oz.) can Mexicorn, drained
1 (10 oz.) can Rotel, drained
2 cups sour cream
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided use
1/2 cup chopped green onions
Cornbread Taco Bake
- 1 7 oz package Martha White Gluten-Free Cornbread Mix
- ½ cup milk
- 1 Eggland's Best egg
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 tbsp taco seasoning or 1 packet
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 11 oz can Mexicorn drained
- 1 10 oz can Rotel drained
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend divided use
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- optional toppings:
- shredded lettucesliced olives, diced tomatoes, taco sauce
- Preheat oven to 350f degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 9 (or 2 1/2 quart) baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine cornbread mix with milk and egg. Stir well.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Cook ground beef until no longer pink, drain excess grease.
- Then add in taco seasoning and 1/3 cup water.
- Then add in Mexicorn and Rotel.
- Stir well and simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Once cornbread is cooked, take out of oven, then cover with ground beef mixture.
- Next, combine sour cream, ONE cup of shredded cheese and green onion in a bowl.
- Gently spread the sour cream mixture on top of the ground beef mixture.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining cup of shredded cheese.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Slice and serve.
Top with shredded lettuce, sliced olives, diced tomatoes and a drizzle of taco sauce. Any Martha White Cornbread packet will work with this recipe.