Easy Lemon Dream Cake starts with a boxed cake mix swirled with lemon pie filling. All topped with a creamy, lemony whipped topping!
LEMON DREAM CAKE
One of the biggest blessings for me since I started this website has been all the amazing people I’ve had a chance to get to know. Food. It really brings folks together, doesn’t it? Occasionally, I get emails from readers who would like to share a favorite family recipe with me. I love when y’all take the time to share special recipes with me. Especially when a special memory is attached.
HOW-TO VIDEO INCLUDED BELOW:
LEMON CAKE MIX AND LEMON PIE FILLING
Now, you would think looking at this recipe that this cake is on lemon overload. Let me assure you – it really isn’t. It isn’t crazy sweet or a big ole lemon bomb. It is the perfect balance of sweet and a little tart from the pie filling. My husband, who is not a lemon cake fan, really enjoyed this one if that gives you an indication.
lemon pie filling*
HOW TO MAKE LEMON DREAM CAKE:
Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Prepare cake mix as directed on the back of the box. Pour batter into baking dish.
Originally published: July 2012
Updated & republished: July 2019
LEMON DREAM CAKE
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- ingredients needed to make cake: eggs, oil & water
- 1 (15.75 oz) can lemon pie filling
- 1 tub lemon flavored frosting
- 1 (8 oz) tub whipped topping (COOL WHIP) thawed
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on the back of the box.
- Pour batter into baking dish.
- Place spoonfuls of lemon pie filling all over the batter.
- Take a knife and swirl it all around to help evenly distribute it better.
- Bake at 350F degrees (in center rack) for about 35-40 minutes until cake springs back to the touch and isn't jiggly in the center.
- Let cake cool completely before proceeding to the next step.
- In a bowl, combine lemon flavored frosting with whipped topping.
- Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Spread frosting over cooled cake.
CRAVING MORE LEMON RECIPES? BE SURE TO CHECK THESE OUT!
COPYCAT STARBUCK’S LEMON LOAF
WARM LEMON PUDDING CAKE
LEMON DROP CAKE
LEMON BLUEBERRY POKE CAKE
40 BEST CAKE MIX RECIPES
LEMON ECLAIR CAKE
3-INGREDIENT LEMON CRUMBLE BARS
LEMON BLUEBERRY YOGURT CAKE
ULTIMATE LEMON POKE CAKE
CREAMY LEMON SQUARES WITH NILLA WAFER CRUST
LEMON ICEBOX CAKE
KEY LIME PIE POKE CAKE