These Easy Lemon Crumble Bars only have 3 ingredients! This summertime dessert recipe only needs cake mix, butter and lemon pie filling!
EASY LEMON CRUMBLE BARS
You never know where a recipe will take you. I love the story of how this particular recipe plopped into my lap. While hanging out on facebook, answering some questions, I got a question from a reader named Toni (hi Toni!). She had a couple of cans of lemon pie filling in her pantry and she wanted some ideas on how to use them up. I suggested a recipe I had on the site here called LEMON DREAM CAKE. But I also decided to ask folks on facebook if they had any recipe suggestions. Well, someone did! Sandi G. (Hi Sandi!), shared a crazy-easy recipe to use up a can of lemon pie filling.
CAKE MIX RECIPE IDEAS
Well folks, that is what this recipe will do. It will surprise you in it's simplicity and flavor. Don't try to make it more complicated. It really is only just 3 ingredients. So thank you Toni for asking that question and thank you to Sandi for sharing her recipe with the rest of us. Here it is...don't blink, you might miss it.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
lemon pie filling
HOW TO MAKE 3-INGREDIENT LEMON CRUMBLE BARS:
WANT MORE TASTY RECIPES LIKE THIS ONE? GIVE THESE A TRY!
LEMON DREAM CAKE
LEMON DROP CAKE
LEMON COOKIE SALAD
WARM LEMON PUDDING POKE
HOMEMADE LEMON CUPCAKES
LEMON BLUEBERRY BARS
3-INGREDIENT LEMON CRUMBLE BARS
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 stick salted butter (½ cup) softened to room temperature
- 1 (22 oz) can lemon pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine softened butter with dry cake mix.
- Mix until crumbly.
- Set aside ½ cup of this crumbly mixture for the topping.
- Take the rest of the crust mixture and press it into a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Spread it out evenly and then just go around and pack it down in there with your hands.
- Spoon lemon pie filling onto crust.
- Then take the ½ cup of crust mixture that you set aside earlier and sprinkle all over lemon pie filling.
- Bake at 350F for about 20-25 minutes.
- The crumble on top will just start to turn a very light golden brown.
- Slice up and serve.
Originally published: February 2013
Updated & Republished: June 2019