This is going to give you a nice little crumble topping.
3-Ingredient Lemon Crumble Bars
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 stick unsalted butter (1/2 cup) softened to room temperature
- 1 can lemon pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine softened butter with dry cake mix.
- Mix until crumbly.
- Before you go any further, you'll need to set aside 1/2 cup of this crumbly mixture.
- Take the rest of the crust mixture and press it into a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Spread it out evenly and then just go around and pack it down in there with your hands.
- Spoon lemon pie filling onto crust.
- Then take the 1/2 cup of crust mixture that you set aside earlier and sprinkle all over lemon pie filling.
- Bake at 350F for about 20-25 minutes.
- The crumble on top will just start to turn a very light golden brown.
- Slice up and serve.
This crust slices up very nicely. I like to eat it while it is still a little warm but it was really good nice and cold from being stored in the refrigerator. This should be covered and stored in the fridge. I found if I just covered it and left it out that the crust would soften up a bit so put in the refrigerator if not eating it all the same day it's made.