1 bunch green onions, chopped
3 packages beef flavored Ramen noodles
1 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
Plus, I think smaller pieces blend in better with the ramen noodles.
The dressing in this has can make the ramen noodles get a little soft. So you don’t want to add the dressing until right before serving. Although, to be honest, I like the way this tastes after it has marinated in the dressing for a while.
- 1 16 oz bag cole slaw mix
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- 3 packages beef flavored Ramen noodles save seasoning packets
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Open packages of Ramen noodles.
- Put aside all the seasoning packets (we'll be using those soon).
- Crunch up the noodles into bite size pieces and place into medium sized bowl.
- Toss in sliced almonds and combine.
- Mix together the melted butter with 2 packets of the Ramen noodle seasoning mix.
- Pour over Ramen noodles and almonds and stir well, making sure the noodles and almonds are thoroughly coated.
- Spread onto a baking sheet and bake for about 10-12 minutes (until golden brown).
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Place cole slaw mix in food processor (small batches at a time), and chop up cole slaw into smaller pieces. About 3-4 short pulses should do it.
- Put cole slaw mix in a large bowl and add your chopped green onions.
- Once noodles and almonds are cool, add those to the bowl as well and give it all a good mix.
- For the dressing, whisk together the sugar, oil, Worcestershire sauce, red wine vinegar
- and the remaining packet of Ramen noodle seasoning.
- Pour over cole slaw mix and stir well.
- Serve immediately.
The dressing in this has can make the Ramen noodles get a little soft. So you don't want to add the dressing until right before serving.