This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of College Inn®. The opinions and text are all mine.
CROCK POT CHICKEN AND RICE BURRITO BOWL
I love to discover new dinner recipes for the slow cooker. Especially recipes that have plenty of leftovers that can be re-heated the next day! This recipe for Crock Pot Chicken and Rice Burrito Bowl fits the bill.
VIDEO INCLUDED BELOW
It is not only filling and scrumptious but it manages to taste even better the next day when you heat it back up in the microwave. It’s the perfect meal after a long, cold day. Just what your stomach ordered.
EASY AND DELICIOUS
This recipe uses College Inn®’s Fat Free and Lower Sodium Broth as a main ingredient. Swapping in College Inn broth, where you would normally use water, makes a huge difference in flavor. Especially when making rice dishes. College Inn crafts a deeper, richer broth; because every detail matters. They carefully select the finest, all-natural chicken and farm-grown vegetables.
They purposely blend the most flavorful herbs and spices and then finish with a long, slow simmer. The savory taste of College Inn broth is the detail that helps you make any dish and every meal special! Delicious is definitely in the details.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
College Inn® Fat Free & Lower Sodium Chicken Broth
salt & pepper, to taste
instant rice (brown or white)
Colby jack cheese
suggested toppings: sliced olives, sliced green onions and sour cream
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE BURRITO BOWLS:
Place chicken and diced onion in slow cooker and add broth, salsa, and seasonings. Cover and cook on LOW for about 4 hours or until chicken is cooked to 165f degrees.
Remove cooked chicken and shred with two forks. Add chicken back to slow cooker. Turn slow cooker to HIGH and add instant rice and beans. Stir. Cover and cook for about 40 minutes until rice is tender and liquid reduced. Top with shredded cheese.
Cover and cook for a few minutes longer until cheese is melted.
Originally published: January 2018
Updated & Republished: March 2019
Crock Pot Chicken and Rice Burrito Bowl
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, about 3 chicken breasts
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 1/2 cups salsa
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 tsp cumin (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 3/4 cups instant rice, brown or white
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Colby jack cheese
- sliced olives, sliced green onion and sour cream
- Place chicken and diced onion in slow cooker and add broth, salsa, taco seasoning and cumin. Cover and cook on LOW for about 4 hours or until chicken is cooked to 165f degrees.
- Remove cooked chicken and shred with two forks. Add chicken back to slow cooker.
- Turn slow cooker to HIGH and add instant rice and beans. Stir. Cover and cook for about 40 minutes until rice is tender and liquid reduced. Top with shredded cheese, cover and cook for a few minutes longer until cheese is melted.
- Serve in a bowl with desired toppings.