Bisquick Burrito Bake
Well, I gotta say, I was absolutely thrilled with how many of y’all loved the Bisquick Chicken Enchilada Bake! In fact, I got a bunch of emails from folks wondering what other kind of Bisquick-inspired dinners I could share. The main point I heard over and over was – it’s gotta be easy and not a lot of ingredients. I hear ya and I get that! I’m your gal for simple, affordable and no-crazy-ingredient meals. It’s nice just to be able to throw open your pantry and put something together quickly. So all you gotta do is add some sort of meat to the mix. I got you covered!
Quick and Easy
- 1 cup Bisquick biscuit mix
- 1 16 oz can refried beans
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 8 ounce jar taco sauce not salsa
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Spray an 8 x 8 (or 9 x 9) baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Begin browning and crumbling ground beef in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Once fully cooked, drain excess grease.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix Bisquick, water, and refried beans together.
- Spread this "crust "mixture into your prepared baking dish.
- Combine cooked (and drained) ground beef with taco sauce (I just do this right in the pan so as not to create any more dirty dishes.)
- Spread ground beef mix over crust mix.
- Sprinkle the top with shredded cheese.
- Cover baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 375F degrees for 25-30 minutes.
Recipe can easily be doubled. Some suggested toppings are: sour cream, lettuce, diced tomato and olives. It's perfect served with a fresh salad!