Bisquick Coffee Cake
A delicious, semi-homemade breakfast cake, this Bisquick Coffee Cake is sweet, tender and has a delicious streusel topping that is amazing!
A TASTY BISQUICK BREAKFAST
Today I’m going to share one of my favorite sweet snack cakes, this Bisquick Coffee Cake. This is a tasty doctored up recipe using Bisquick biscuit mix that I got off the back of a Bisquick box years ago. With a sweet flavor and a streusel topping, you really can’t get much tastier or easier! This is a great recipe when you are short on time and want something that is easy and tasty at the same time. So if you have a box of Bisquick laying around and want to make something amazing, then you have to make this Bisquick Coffee Cake recipe.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
I have not tested with a homemade Bisquick baking mix so I am unsure of the outcome. If you do test it please let me know how it turns out! If you want a strictly from-scratch crumb cake, try my Homemade Double Crumb Cake recipe!
Yes! This is great dusted with some powdered sugar or drizzled with a simple powdered sugar glaze if you like it really sweet. I think it’s tasty just as it is!
I actually find that this coffee cake has the best texture after it has sat for a day or so.
Absolutely! You can make this in a 9×13-inch baking pan, you will just need to add some more baking time. It will be done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
This can be stored covered at room temperature where it will keep for up to 3 days. This can also be frozen, to do that place cooled coffee cake in a freezer container or tightly wrapped in plastic wrap and foil and it will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. To defrost, remove from freezer and place on countertop. You can warm this up in the microwave for about 15-30 seconds to serve warm if desired.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- Bisquick mix
- whole milk
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- salted butter
- light brown sugar
- ground cinnamon
HOW TO MAKE BISQUICK COFFEE CAKE:
Preheat the oven to 375°F and line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the bisquick, milk, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and salt until combined and smooth.
Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and set aside.
In a medium microwave-safe mixing bowl, melt the butter, then stir in the Bisquick, brown sugar, and cinnamon and mix with a rubber spatula or your hands until combined and large crumb balls for.
Sprinkle the crumb topping over the top of the batter.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes clean from the center of the cake.
Cool in or out of the pan. But I recommend allowing it to cool completely before cutting.
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? YOU MUST TRY THESE!
Bisquick Coffee Cake
- 2 ½ cup Bisquick mix
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup salted butter melted
- 2 cups Bisquick mix
- ⅔ cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the bisquick, milk, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and salt until combined and smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and set aside.
- In a medium microwave-safe mixing bowl, melt the butter, then stir in the Bisquick, brown sugar, and cinnamon and mix with a rubber spatula or your hands until combined and large crumb balls for.
- Sprinkle the crumb topping over the top of the batter then bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes clean from the center of the cake.
- Cool in or out of the pan. But I recommend allowing it to cool completely before cutting.
- You can double this recipe and bake in a 9×13-inch pan.
- Top this with some powdered sugar or a simple powdered sugar glaze.
- This can be frozen, see my tips above.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
This is great every time ……….thank you!!!
So happy you love it – thank you so much!!
WE LOVE THIS CAKE!!
Love this Coffee Cake!!
I have been looking for this recipe for a long time. I remember having it when I was a teenager and loved it. Lost my copy years ago. Thanks for posting it.
I hope it’s as good as you remember!
Another Home Run recipe Brandie! Great Lenten Breakfast !
Thank you so very much Olivia!!