Easy Biscuit Blueberry Cake is made with biscuit mix, fresh blueberries and is all topped off with a delicious homemade crumb topping!
BISQUICK AND BLUEBERRIES
I don't know of many berries that I don't absolutely love. I'm an equal opportunity berry lover. with some cake. But there is just something about blueberries when they are baked in cake. They burst open and almost become even sweeter! This delicious coffee cake is made easy by simply using some Bisquick biscuit mix and a few other simple ingredients!
CAN I SUBSTITUTE THE BLUEBERRIES WITH OTHER BERRIES?
You sure can! I think this works best with blueberries but you could certainly substitute with blackberries or raspberries. Strawberries might also work.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- sour cream
- vanilla extract
HOW TO MAKE EASY BISCUIT BLUEBERRY CAKE:
Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray (I like the kind that has flour in it.) In a medium bowl combine biscuit mix and sugar.
Add sour cream, eggs, milk and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
Gently stir in blueberries by hand.
Batter will be very thick. Spread batter evenly into prepared baking dish.
In a bowl, combine sugar, flour and butter. Using your fingers or a pastry cutter, start combining mixture until it looks coarse and crumbly.
Sprinkle mixture over batter.
Bake about 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
I like to eat it while warm but it's delicious at room temperature.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? BE SURE TO CHECK THESE OUT!
Biscuit Blueberry Cake (with Bisquick)
For the cake:
- 2 ½ cups biscuit mix like Bisquick
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup blueberries
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
For the crumb topping:
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup flour
- 4 Tablespoons salted butter, cut into small cubes
- powdered sugar, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray 9 x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray (I like the kind that has flour in it)
- In a medium bowl combine biscuit mix and sugar.
- Add sour cream, eggs, milk and vanilla extract.
- Mix until combined. Batter will be very thick.
- Gently stir in blueberries by hand. This will take a few minutes because batter is thick.
- Scoop batter into prepared baking dish and make sure it is evenly spread.
- In a bowl, combine sugar, flour and butter.
- Using your fingers or a pastry cutter, start combining mixture until it looks coarse and crumbly.
- Sprinkle mixture over dough.
- Bake about 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Originally published: July 2011
Updated & republished: October 2019