This easy, creamy 2-Ingredient Fruit Dip works with any fruit: strawberries, pineapple, cantaloupe, watermelon - you name it!
THE PERFECT COMPLEMENT TO FRESH FRUIT
This recipe has been around for ages. I was reminded of it when we recently went strawberry picking and the recipe came printed in a little coloring book they gave our son. The ingredients are easy to remember which I love. The creamy flavor of this dip doesn't overtake the flavor of the piece of fruit you're dipping, it just adds a sweet creaminess to it.
TIPS TO MAKE THIS APPETIZER:
- The touch of citrus in this recipe is optional. You can change the flavor by the type of citrus you add, lemon, lime, Meyer lemon and orange juice all work really well with this recipe.
- Instead of citrus, you can add different flavor extracts as well. Vanilla extract, maple extract, lemon extract, strawberry extract, etc. all will work with this recipe.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- cream cheese
- marshmallow creme (or fluff)
HOW TO MAKE FRUIT DIP:
In a medium bowl, add all ingredients. Using a handheld mixer, mix all ingredients until thoroughly combined.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
2-Ingredient Fruit Dip
- 8 ounce block cream cheese, softened
- 7.5 ounce jar marshmallow creme (fluff)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice or orange juice optional
- In a medium bowl, add all ingredients.
- Using a handheld mixer, mix all ingredients until thoroughly combined.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
Originally published: May 2011
Updated & republished: June 2020