Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
This Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough is easy, tasty, safe to eat and irresistible. Minimal ingredients help this dessert (or snack) recipe come together quickly!
AN EDIBLE COOKIE DOUGH RECIPE
I will admit, when I was younger my favorite thing ever was to steal a few bites of cookie dough batter when my Mom was baking. I’m sure I’m not alone in that! I’m going to show you a safe way to make and eat an Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. You will be digging into this in no time and it might be hard to stop! Chocolate Chip Cookies are one of my favorites so I had to go with that flavor for sure. If you are a cookie dough lover like me, then you need to make this Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough recipe.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
When you heat treat flour you are going to want your flour temperature to be at 165 degrees F. That is high enough heat to kill any bacteria that may linger in it. There are a few different ways that you can do this. 1. Microwave in 15 second intervals until this temperature is reached. 2. Toss flour in a skillet to heat it up. 3. Spread the flour over a baking sheet and bake at 350F degrees.
No, they do not contain any of the leavening ingredients that would make them be able to become cookies. This recipe is for snacking purposes only.
I use a mixture of regular and mini semi-sweet chocolate chips. I found semi-sweet chips balances out the sweetness of the cookie dough itself. You can use milk, dark chocolate or even chocolate chunks!
Yes! It really really does! You don’t really leave out many ingredients besides eggs and baking powder/baking soda for the recipe so it does taste like the original.
Sure! You can add this cookie dough into ice cream or smush a little in between some cookies! You could even use it as a cake topping!
This can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator where it will keep for up to 5 days. This can also be frozen. Place in a freezer container and it will keep for up to 3 months. To defrost, remove from freezer into the refrigerator overnight.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- unsalted butter
- light brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour, heat treated
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
HOW TO MAKE EDIBLE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH:
In a large bowl, use an electric mixer on medium speed and beat together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and beat again until fully incorporated.
Add the salt, flour and mix until combined.
Next add the chocolate chips.
Mix in until everything is incorporated.
It’s ready to enjoy right away!
This might be hard to put down!
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? YOU MUST TRY THESE!
Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (heat treated)
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer on medium speed and beat together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extractand beat again until fully incorporated.
- Add the salt, flour and mix until combined.
- Next add the chocolate chips.
- Mix in until everything is incorporated. Then enjoy!
- You can eat this with a spoon or use it as a dip with cookies.
- This can be frozen, see above on how to do this.
- This cannot be baked into cookies.
- Make sure you heat treat your flour, see above on how to do that.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.