This Cannoli Dip recipe takes a favorite Italian dessert and twists it into a delicious and easy, sweet dip!
A DELICIOUS DESSERT DIP
This Cannoli Dip takes all my favorite flavors from a regular cannoli and makes it an easy and tasty treat that is a hit at get-togethers. I make this just a bit sweeter than the typical cannoli filling. I love dessert dips, like this recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip, and this Cannoli Dip is quickly becoming my newest favorite sweet dip! Even if you've never had a cannoli, you must try this cannoli dip recipe! You'll fall in love!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Our go-to is waffle cones but you can also use pizzelle cookies, vanilla wafers, graham crackers and even fruit!
Yes. If you are not a fan of almond extract or cannot find it, you can absolutely substitute vanilla for the almond.
Covered with plastic wrap or placed in an airtight container. This Cannoli Dip recipe will last up to 2-3 days in the refrigerator. I don't recommend freezing it.
Absolutely! If you plan on serving more people then doubling this would be a great idea!
The refrigeration is necessary to let the ingredients chill and come together to get the right dippable consistency.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- cream cheese
- ricotta cheese
- powdered sugar
- almond extract
- lemon zest
- mini chocolate chips
- waffle cones
HOW TO MAKE CANNOLI DIP:
In a bowl add the cream cheese and ricotta cheese. Use an electric mixer or standing mixer to mix the cream cheese and ricotta cheese until smooth.
Then blend in the powdered sugar, and almond extract until smooth.
Add in the lemon zest and mini chocolate chips.
Stir until smooth and combined. Wrap and refrigerate for at least ½ hour before serving.
Serve with waffle cones broken into chip-size pieces to scoop up the dip.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
- M&M BROWNIE BATTER DIP
- FUNFETTI CAKE BATTER DIP
- 2-INGREDIENT FRUIT DIP
- EDIBLE PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH
- CANNOLI CUPCAKES
- NO-BAKE CHERRY CHEESECAKE DIP
- CROCK POT CARAMEL APPLE DIP
The Best Cannoli Dip
- 8 ounce package cream cheese softened
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Waffle cones broken
- Optional garnish chopped pistachios or chocolate shavings
- In a bowl add the cream cheese and ricotta cheese.
- Use an electric mixer or standing mixer to mix the cream cheese and ricotta cheese until smooth.
- Then blend in the powdered sugar, and almond extract until smooth.
- Stir in the lemon zest and mini chocolate chips.
- Wrap and refrigerate for at least ½ hour before serving.
- Serve with waffle cones broken into chip-size pieces to scoop up the dip.
- Dipping ingredients are not calculated into nutritional value.
- You can use any of your favorite cookies or fruit for dipping such as waffle cones, vanilla wafers, graham crackers, chocolate chip cookies and strawberries.
- This can be doubled if you want to serve more people.
- This does need time to chill to set up to a dippable consistency.