Really? Just like Chick-fil-A?
Pickle juice or no pickle juice? That is the question…
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup milk 2% or higher
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 tbsp corn starch
- 2 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- vegetable or peanut oil
- Cube chicken breasts into bite size pieces, trimming away any excess skin that might be hanging on.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk and egg.
- Place cubed chicken into milk/egg mixture.
- If you have time, cover it and let it hang out in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- This helps to make the chicken a bit more moist and tender.
- When ready to cook, start preheating oil in your fryer or deep pot to 375F degrees.
- In a gallon size Ziploc bag, combine flour, powdered sugar, cornstarch, salt & pepper.
- Give it a good shake to combine ingredients.
- Add in cubed chicken, small batches at a time, to the flour mixture.
- Seal and shake until chicken is coated.
- In small batches, place chicken into fryer.
- Cook until golden brown.
- About 4-6 minutes.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Continue with above steps until all your chicken is cooked.
Use buttermilk if you have it, it adds great flavor.
Serve with your favorite sauce.