I love new cookbooks!
All tried-and-true recipes, baby!
Why is this different?
I also had the honor to write a ‘blurb’ for the back of her debut cookbook. Melissa is an absolute sweetheart. She is genuine and warm and she is the definition of a kind and gracious southern woman.
Lots of photos!
I know that I can open up any page in this cookbook and find a recipe that I can trust will turn out good. Every single recipe is accompanied with a photo. I love that! I am a visual person (as most of us are) and it helps to see what the final recipe should look like.
About this recipe
Like your favorite sandwich – but better and with pasta!
1 (16 oz.) box elbow macaroni
1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
3/4 cup sour cream
3 tbsp. granulated sugar
2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 tsp. celery salt
1 1/2 tsp. onion powder
1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
1/4 tsp. dried dill
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
5 green onions, thinly sliced
4 Roma tomatoes, diced
2 cups Romaine lettuce, loosely packed
1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
Note: I am using Cavatappi pasta here. It’s a corkscrew-shaped pasta. You can use any type that you enjoy for this recipe. Also, I got some baby San Marzano tomatoes on sale so I am using those here. I just sliced them into quarters. And a great tip if you need to thin out a mayonnaise-based dressing is to add a touch of milk or chicken stock to the dressing.
BLT Pasta Salad
- 1 16 oz box elbow macaroni
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp dried dill
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 5 green onions thinly sliced
- 4 Roma tomatoes diced
- 2 cups Romaine lettuce, diced loosely packed
- 1/2 pound bacon cooked and crumbled
- Cook the elbow macaroni in salted water per the package instructions.
- Drain well.
- While pasta is cooking, prepare the dressing.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, vinegar, celery salt, onion powder, smoked paprika, dill and pepper, to taste.
- Chop up the tomatoes, green onions, lettuce and bacon.
- Add the cooked and drained pasta to the bowl.
- Stir in green onions and tomatoes.
- Mix until evenly distributed.
- Cover with plastic wrap and pop it into the fridge to chill.
- Just before serving, add the lettuce and bacon.
- Mix well and serve.
- Store chilled.