In a large bowl, combine shredded potatoes with the soup, egg, salt & pepper.
Stir well then spread it in the bottom of the crock pot.
Drain excess grease. Stir in sloppy joe sauce.
Spoon sloppy joe mixture over hashbrown mixture in crock pot.
Cover and cook on low for about 4 to 4 1/2 hours.
Crock Pot Sloppy Joe Casserole
- 1 32 oz package frozen shredded hash brown potatoes thawed
- 1 10.75 oz can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 small onion finely chopped
- 1 15.5 oz can sloppy joe sauce
- shredded cheddar cheese for topping (optional)
- Spray your 5-qt crock pot (slow cooker) with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine shredded potatoes with the soup, egg, salt & pepper.
- Stir well then spread it in the bottom of the crock pot.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, brown and crumble ground beef along with chopped onion.
- Drain excess grease.
- Stir in sloppy joe sauce.
- Spoon sloppy joe mixture over hash brown mixture in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for about 4 to 4 1/2 hours.
Shredded hash browns can be substituted for southern style hash browns, which are the smaller cubed potatoes, or you can use the Potatoes O'Brien that have peppers and onion mixed in with the cubed potatoes. If you'd like, about 10 minutes before it is ready, add about a cup of shredded cheddar cheese to the top of the casserole. Then put lid back on crock pot and allow the cheese to melt.