Put the cake into the fridge to set and cool (about 2 hours). If you have anything hanging out in your fridge that is stinky, be sure to cover your cake.
This cake needs to be kept refrigerated.
- 1 box red velvet cake mix (ingredients needed to make cake - eggs, oil & water)
- 2 (3.4 oz.) boxes instant Cheesecake-flavored pudding
- 4 cups milk
- 1 (8 oz.) tub frozen whipped topping (COOL WHIP), thawed
- 10 Oreo cookies, crushed (optional)
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions for a 9x13 cake.
- Once cake comes out of the oven, allow it to cool for just a couple of minutes.
- Then, with a wooden spoon handle, a spatula handle, or some other similarly-sized object, begin poking holes in the warm cake.
- You want the holes to be BIG so that the pudding has plenty of room to get down in there.
- Be sure to poke right down to the bottom of the cake.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pudding mix with 4 cups of milk.
- Whisk until all the lumps are gone.
- Pour pudding over cake.
- Taking care to pour it right into the holes as much as possible.
- Spread it all out and using the back of the spoon, gently push pudding down into the holes.
- Put the cake into the fridge to set and cool (about 2 hours).
- Once your cake has completely cooled, spread on whipped topping.
- Spread it out evenly over the pudding layer.
- Spread crushed Oreos onto the top of the cake.