Red Velvet Cheesecake Cake
1 box red velvet cake mix
(ingredients needed to make cake: eggs, oil & water)
1 block (8 oz.) cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg white
- 1 box Red Velvet Cake mix
- (ingredients needed to make cake: eggs, oil & water)
- 1 block (8 oz) cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg white
- For the icing:
- 1/2 block (4 oz) cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray (I like the kind that has flour in it.)
- Prepare red velvet cake mix according to package directions.
- In a separate bowl, beat together 1 block of cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and egg white.
- Mix well until smooth (this will take about 2-3 minutes with an electric mixer)
- Pour half of the red velvet cake batter into the baking dish.Spreading it out as evenly as possible.
- Then take all of the cream cheese mixture and layer on top of the red velvet cake batter. Drop it on by spoonfuls. Then, using the spoon, swirl it around lightly.
- Now add the rest of the red velvet cake batter on top and spread it out as evenly as possible.
- Put cake into oven and bake for about 40 minutes. Allow the cake to cool completely.
- Start preparing icing. In a bowl (using an electric mixer or stand mixer) combine 4 oz. (1/2 block) of cream cheese with 1/3 cup softened butter. Add in powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Then stir in vanilla. And lastly, mix in the milk. Mix until smooth then spread on cooled cake.