Slow Cooker 3-Packet Pot Roast
I was going to call this Crock Pot Pot Roast. Then I realized that is one too many “Pots” in the title. I suppose I could have just gone with Crock Pot Roast. And then I realized I’ll just save myself all the trouble and call it Slow Cooker 3-Packet Pot Roast because I was thinking far too hard about the name and my brain was starting to hurt.
3-4 pound beef chuck roast
1 packet ranch dressing mix
1 packet brown gravy mix
1 packet Italian dressing mix
1 tbsp. dried chopped onions
2 cups water
3-Packet Slow Cooker Pot RoastPrint Pin Rate
- 3-4 pound beef chuck roast
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 packet brown gravy mix
- 1 packet Italian dressing mix
- 1 tbsp dried chopped onions
- 2 cups water
- 3 tbsp cold water
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- Heat up a large skillet on high heat. You want to get it good and hot.
- Add about a tbsp. of vegetable oil into the bottom of the pan.
- Take a paper towel and dry the meat really good.
- Season the roast with salt & pepper.
- When pan is really hot, add your roast. You aren't going to cook it all the way through. You're just browning both sides to give it some added flavor.
- Once browned, put it into the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Mix together 2 cups of water with all the seasoning packets and chopped onion. Give it all a good stir.
- Pour it over the roast.
- Cook on low for about 6 to 7 hours.
- Around the last 2-3 hours of baking, you can add in your diced potatoes, carrots and celery if you prefer.
- This next step is also optional but if you would like your gravy to be a bit thicker, here's how you do it.
- Mix together cold water with cornstarch.
- Pour corn starch mixture into your slow cooker and turn the slow cooker up to the high setting.
- Cook for an additional 30 minutes on high to thicken the gravy.