HOW TO MAKE ITALIAN BEEF
DO I WANT A CROCK POT?
It is the working person’s best friend. It is a tough cut of meat’s best friend. I could go on and on about the benefits of having one. You don’t have to crank up your oven in the summer and make your house warmer. Or maybe you don’t even own an oven – this will help you cook all kinds of meals. You can even make desserts in the Crock Pot!
MELTED PROVOLONE AND GRAVY
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE ITALIAN BEEF:
Originally published: July 2012
Updated & republished: April 2019
Crock Pot Italian Beef Sandwiches
- 1 3-4 lb chuck roast
- 1 packet dry Italian dressing
- 1/2 (16 oz) jar sliced peperoncini peppers
- 1 (10.5 oz) can beef broth
- 4-6 slices provolone cheese
- sub rolls
- Place the roast into the bottom of a 4-6 quart crock pot
- In a bowl, combine beef broth, dry italian dressing and 1/2 the jar of pepperoncini peppers (including some of the juice).
- Use as little or as much of the peppers as you like (depending on how spicy you like it).
- Pour this mixture over the roast.
- Cover and cook on low for about 8 hours.
- Remove roast and shred meat with two forks.
- Place meat back into the juices.
- Add a little butter to sub rolls and lightly toast them in a skillet (optional.)
- Place shredded meat and peppers into sub roll. Top with a slice or two of provolone cheese.
- And if you're doing it up Chicago-style - make sure to dip the whole sandwich into the leftover juices!