Ravioli Casserole (+Video)
This Ravioli Casserole only has 5 ingredients! So easy and filling! Frozen ravioli, pasta sauce, cheese, onion and ground beef.
AN EASY FAMILY-FRIENDLY CASSEROLE RECIPE
I’m really excited to be sharing another super easy supper recipe. This one only has 5 ingredients! And the bonus is that it’s a pasta dish so you know that any leftovers you have will be delicious when re-heated the next day. This casserole can even be made in advance and frozen for later use.
TIPS FOR MAKING RAVIOLI CASSEROLE:
- This recipe uses frozen ravioli! You don’t even have to thaw it out first. How do you like that for convenient and easy? But you can use fresh ravioli if you prefer.
- Feel free to use ground Italian sausage instead of ground beef.
- Add in any vegetables that your family enjoys: mushrooms and green peppers are some that we enjoy!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- ground beef
- pasta sauce
- frozen cheese ravioli
- shredded mozzarella cheese
HOW TO MAKE RAVIOLI CASSEROLE:
In a skillet over medium heat, brown and crumble beef with diced onion. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425F degrees.
After beef is fully cooked, drain excess grease. Spray an 11×7 or 9×9 baking dish with nonstick spray. Layer one cup of pasta sauce on the bottom of the dish. Then add half of the frozen ravioli.
Then add half of the beef mixture. Next add half the cheese.
Repeat layering with one cup pasta sauce, remaining ravioli and beef mixture.
Then add remaining pasta sauce and top with remaining cheese.
Cover with aluminum foil. I like to spray the inside of the aluminum foil with nonstick cooking spray. This keeps it from sticking to the cheese as it bakes. Or you can use nonstick foil. Bake covered for 30 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and continue to bake for another 8-10 minutes (until sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted.) Serve with some garlic bread and a salad.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
Ravioli Casserole (+Video)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 26 ounce jar pasta sauce
- 25 ounce package frozen cheese ravioli
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees. Spray an 11 x 7 or 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown and crumble beef with diced onion.
- After beef is fully cooked, drain excess grease.
- Layer one cup of pasta sauce on the bottom of the dish.
- Then add half of the frozen ravioli.
- Then add half of the beef mixture.
- Next add half the cheese.
- Repeat layering with one cup pasta sauce, remaining ravioli and beef mixture.
- Then add remaining pasta sauce and top with remaining cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove aluminum foil and continue to bake for another 8-10 minutes (until sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted).
- Serve with some garlic bread and a salad.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
Originally published: June 2012
Updated & republished: May 2020
I would like to use some left over ravioli. Does the ravioli have to be frozen? If I use leftover ravioli, would l cut down the cooking time and what would the oven temperature be? Can’t wait to try this! It’s such a good way to use up the leftover when you have cooked too many raviolis from a previous dinner.
Hey! I have not made this with already cooked ravioli. I’m afraid you’ll have to test this one on your own. If you try it, I’d love to hear how it turned out for you!
Can I freeze this and bake later ? Do I need to Thaw first or bake frozen