Pasta is pasta, right?
1 yellow onion, diced
1 (26 oz.) jar pasta sauce
1 (25 oz.) pkg. frozen cheese ravioli
1 1/2 – 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Then add half of the frozen ravioli. Then add half of the beef mixture. Next add half the cheese.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 26 oz jar pasta sauce
- 1 25 oz pkg. frozen cheese ravioli
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown and crumble beef with diced onion.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425F degrees.
- After beef is fully cooked, drain excess grease.
Spray an 11 x 7 or 9 x 9 baking dish with nonstick spray. Note: An 11 x 7" dish works best for this but if you use a 9 x 9”, just be careful when filling it since it will be filled right to the top with this recipe.
- You may have to press it all down a bit when using the smaller dish.
- Layer one cup of pasta sauce on the bottom of the dish.
- Then add half of the frozen ravioli.
- Then add half of the beef mixture.
- Next add half the cheese.
- Repeat layering with one cup pasta sauce, remaining ravioli and beef mixture.
- Then add remaining pasta sauce and top with remaining cheese.
- If using a 9 x 9 baking dish, you might want to put it on a baking sheet just in case any sauce bubbles over.
Cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove aluminum foil and continue to bake for another 8-10 minutes (until sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted).
Serve with some garlic bread and a nice crisp, green salad.